OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mil/Mil for $400

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HankM1942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mil/Mil for $400
    Posted: March/01/2011 at 10:21
I have been in the market for a Mil/Mil scope for a couple months now( Finishing my first custom built rifle).  I have been pouring over posts trying to settle on a one to buy.  I have been leaning towards a Falcon Menace in 4x14.  I have looked at the SS 3x9 but it is out of my price range.  Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the Falcon or any other Mil/Mil in this range.  This is my first post so please be easy on me.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 10:29
Me personally I'd save another month or however long it takes to get the SS3-9, its that good.  If your a member of snipershide they occationally run specials on there for members and you can get a little off the top. 
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 10:29
BTW, welcome to the OT
HankM1942 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HankM1942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 10:39
This will be going on a 6.5 Creedmoor and I would like to reach out to 1000yrd.  I wasn't' sure how doable that would be with a 3x9 and no parallax.
HankM1942 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HankM1942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 10:40
And thanks for the welcome.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 10:41
Several folks use the SS3-9 out to 1000 with not problems.

Read here -
HankM1942 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HankM1942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 14:01
SVT,

Have you had a chance to look through a Falcon.  How would you rate the glass against other scope lines.  I love the SS 3x9, but I am also going to be using this to shoot prairie dogs and think the higher power would be better for the small targets at long range.
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 19:23

Welcome

If you're in Ft. Worth, you're plenty close enough to go over to the SWFA store. They'll let ya look through what they have and also be able to make suggestions. 

I have a Falcon Menace and like it a lot. I've heard durability and the 5 year warranty combine for folks being unhappy when the warranty runs out. To me if you put back 7 bucks a month for 5 years you can replace it with a new one if it breaks after 5 years. I've put about 250 rounds of .30-06 through my bolt gun the Falcon rides on. I've got it zero'd at 200 yards, and don't do a lot of playing with the knobs. I've had no issues at all with mine. 

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic