OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Member's Trading Post > Hunting and Shooting Gear For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris SHOTCAM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris SHOTCAM
    Posted: February/26/2011 at 13:35
I don't have an operating system I can make it work with.  Not worth the hassle to me for additional effort.  I don't really like cameras, anyway.  First $100.00 takes it, you pay shipping.  Never mounted... 

Price is firm... If no one wants it before I get tired of it siting in my study, it will become a .458 Lott target, perhaps .50 BMG (I kind of enjoy destroying technology)...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2011 at 16:54
 Dan the Dystroyer Bucky Funny..

I bought a SHOTCAM as well, I have not even opened the box.....I cannot remember what they are for. I will set mine up on a fence post. I want to see if you can shoot it from your home in Alabama with your .458 Lott Dan.. Nanner Nanner Nanner, bet ya can't hit it...Big Grin

I really do have to stop working so much and get a lifeHippie

Im glad you are back from the Mid. East, I hope all is well with you and the Family Dan!!
Someday we will get together..Smile You will shoot your Big Rifles, I will shoot my small calibers.

Edited by JF4545 - February/26/2011 at 16:58
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2011 at 18:13
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Dan the Dystroyer Bucky Funny..

I bought a SHOTCAM as well, I have not even opened the box.....I cannot remember what they are for. I will set mine up on a fence post. I want to see if you can shoot it from your home in Alabama with your .458 Lott Dan.. Nanner Nanner Nanner, bet ya can't hit it...Big Grin

I really do have to stop working so much and get a lifeHippie

Im glad you are back from the Mid. East, I hope all is well with you and the Family Dan!!
Someday we will get together..Smile You will shoot your Big Rifles, I will shoot my small calibers.

Julio, visiting you is on my "bucketlist".  I look forward to it.  You may like some of my "big" guns better than you think.  My .338 Lapua is a pussycat...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2011 at 00:51

Julio, visiting you is on my "bucketlist".  I look forward to it.  You may like some of my "big" guns better than you think.  My .338 Lapua is a pussycat...
[/QUOTE]

I would love shooting those rifles a "little"Wink  I cannot risk it as Ive explained. The top two vertibrae in my neck have been fused. Hard to even say if the fusion even took, without another MRI..Whats worse is I have a plate on my skull, I really do not care for the idea of rattling those screws loose. I shot a brand new 308 I bought a few weeks ago, I was not thinking and I hyper extended my neck while shooting at 450 uphill.......Im still sick from that little stunt, it really screwed me up pretty bad Dan. When I do thuings like that, it sometimes takes literally months to come out of it. Im not complaining, Im just saying why I will not shoot the .338 cal....I would like to live a few more years so I can raz Ed  the GringoBig Grin

You are on my Bucket list as well DanThunbs Up

Edited by JF4545 - February/28/2011 at 00:54
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 15:33

So, what to do with a SHOTcam...

SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 17:03
Would it film its own demise? Surprised as fast as they sold, no one has jumped on this one.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2011 at 17:45
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Would it film its own demise? Surprised as fast as they sold, no one has jumped on this one.

perhaps transmitted via wi-fi...

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2011 at 06:53
Tanerrite? see how far we can launch it into the air and see if it films it?

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2011 at 07:03
We could answer the question... "can Gieco really save you 15% or more on car insurance...  Is filming an incoming .50caliber bullet with a Shotcam surrounded by Tannerite a bad idea???"

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2011 at 07:14
Excellent
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2011 at 07:15
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

We could answer the question... "can Gieco really save you 15% or more on car insurance...  Is filming an incoming .50caliber bullet with a Shotcam surrounded by Tannerite a bad idea???"

]
No and I can film the shot cam filming the 50cal zoooming it way!!!!.

see win,win

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2011 at 21:49
The SHOTcam may be one of the best investments I've ever made... Think we can get Geico to buy the video for a commercial???   How do we get in touch with that ad guy??? 

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2011 at 00:37

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2011 at 00:45

I suggest you try to sell it on EBAY or something.  If you really do decide  to shoot it please remove the battery first and send me the battery the one I have sucks it wont hold a charge very long.  The video is more acceptable than the stills  --  unless you have lots of light.  It is useful for the laser if for no other reason as most new pistols have a bottom rail where it could be attached, or you could put it on a 22 for varmits at night.   I have tried several times to get Burris to tell me where a working battery could be had but Burris doesnt want anything to do with these as they are old technology and wont run on the latest computers.   Not a surprise I have had very poor customer service from Burris.   Daylight outside photos are better.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2011 at 08:31
Before he shoots it I have said i'd buy it....
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2011 at 18:03
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

PM him your address I think they are worth the money for the laser alone.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2011 at 20:14
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

PM him your address I think they are worth the money for the laser alone.
I have one.... just thinking of another
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 02:18
After reading this thread, I got out my Shot Cam out of the box for the first time and realized mine doesn't have a battery!  
I plugged in the charger for a few hours after it wouldn't turn on, thinking that the battery was totally dead. Bucky

Guess I'll get to try out the Burris customer service folks. 
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 07:40
No battery!Shocked Thats no good.  
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2011 at 09:58
Dude you are so screwed mine at least came with a battery that doesnt hold a charge.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic