OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ultimate scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ultimate scope
    Posted: December/22/2005 at 20:01

Greetings , I 've been reading this forum for a few days and thought I'd post my own question.  I'm looking for a new scope for my wby accumark(300wby), and am looking for the best optics I can get ,No this is not a money is no object thing I just want the best scpoe I can get for a reasonable price.($1000-1500CDN).Mixed big game whitetail,moose.carbou,and possible elk and varmint.(yes, with a 300wby).I don't really need more than 12-14x at the most but am also open to lower power scopes if the glass is superior.I am wondering why you seem to be so down on Leupold , I am interrested in swarovski ,shmidt&bender , Zeiss , burris , sightron etc. basically any brand that will be drop dead reliable , and have the best optics I can afford. Also I would prefer to keep the lowest mounting postion possible. Currently I have a B&L3000 3-9x40, decent scope ,but time for a step up.

Please help me out , with facts and opinions. One more thing are Illuminated reticles worth the extra expense. I don't shoot over 300yards very often but the higher power does make gender id much easier.

Thanks in advance

Jeepster

texassavage View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texassavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2005 at 20:38
my friend got a Nikon 4-16x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope shoots groups like never before. its a great scope nikons titanium series is great to
if it aint a savage it aint worth the money
tbone1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbone1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2005 at 23:51

My short list would include

Zeiss VM/V 2.5-10x42 and 2.5-10x50 both are short and light scopes and have unbeatable optics, the best field of view in their class, and are very dependable.

Schmidt & Bender 3-12x42.  Incredible optics equal to the Zeiss and I would probably give it an edge in durability, however at the expense of extra weight.

Swarovski 2.5-10x42.  Great optics in a light and compact package.  Pretty much equivalent to the Zeiss 2.5-10x42.

Warhawk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2005 at 02:36
Take a look at the Bushnell Elite 4200. I have the older version,  Bausch & Lomb elite 4000, in 2.5-10x. It is an incredibly good scope. I am a fan of the Sightron SII scopes too, have a 3-9x42mm on a lightweight .270.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic