OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Demos, Displays and Trade-Ins > Samplelist.com
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Refub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beiruty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Refub
    Posted: February/21/2011 at 13:09
I am interested in the Nikon Monarch 2.5-10X50 BDC and I saw Refurb version on samplelist.com:

1) Now, why Refurb are DEMO-B and not DEMO-A since they are coming back to Nikon and re-sold?
3) Will I regretted or not? I can spend some $60 more for a NIB, but each dollar I can save is dollar for my family. This is why I am considering a Refurb.

The scope will be mounted on a SIG 556 intended for paper and steel target shooting. I will get a Nikon M-223 mount for this scope. ( Best price was at Botach for $68 shipped).

3) Is this a good combo for this rifle?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2011 at 13:18
The refurbs I believe come with a 90 day warranty from Nikon if I am not mistaken where as NIB is a lot better of a warranty.
Beiruty View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beiruty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2011 at 13:21
Refurb or NIB?
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2011 at 23:57

I would not be the least bit scared of a refurbed nikon, especially from SWFA.... they are known to "under rate" the condition of scopes on the samples listWink

tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2011 at 20:02
Originally posted by tman1965 tman1965 wrote:

I would not be the least bit scared of a refurbed nikon, especially from SWFA.... they are known to "under rate" the condition of scopes on the samples listWink

On the other hand I wouldn't recommend them.  I had a Nikon Monarch that failed.  It was replaced under warranty.

Respectfully,
skeeeter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 03:57
There is a not to be named company that sells a lot of reburbished Nikon scopes. All different models and I was wondering if Nikons have some type of problem with their design. I see no other brands selling any refurbished scopes.  They also have been advertising them for many months. Why is this?
Rothstein1987 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothstein1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2011 at 20:17
There are a lot of Refurbished scopes around being sold actually it all depends on where your looking... Not all websites have as nice of a setup as SWFA for a samplelist type item... Sometimes it just take a little digging... I got two refurbished Redfields for a steal and they are impeckable... If you trust the company dont think twice get the refurb and save the family some money...
Mausers forever

That was great but can you do it again??
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 09:05
Refurbished... it's like taking your car in for an engine or transmission overhaul.  If everything isn't fixed, you didn't go to a very good mechanic.  Nikon has a pretty good rep for their service.  I would have no fears of a Nikon refurb.  Nikon scopes I've found to be good, dependable optics.  They have good glass, reliable mechanicals, pretty tough (I've never torn one up...yet)... just all around a pretty darn good value.  One of the gunsmiths I use, when I can get to him inside his normal 6 month backlog, used to sell a wide variety of scopes... now sells nothing but Nikon.  One of the best shooters I have ever met. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
skeeeter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 14:59
From what I understand the refurbished Nikons only have a 90 day warranty instead of the factory "life time". That does not sound like they have a lot of confidence in the refurbished scopes?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 17:04
If it bothers you, by all means don't get one.  For me, it would not be an issue. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 17:54
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

If it bothers you, by all means don't get one.  For me, it would not be an issue. 

I have a "Nifurb" and have had ZERO problems. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic