OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What to do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do?
    Posted: February/17/2011 at 21:01
My SR556 is now almost complete. All that is left is to top it off. I was originally going to go with the ACOG being in the Marine Corps i have alot of experience and am very comfortable with the acog. But i want something new. im staring to like the Burris XTR 1-4. i like the reticle alot just wandering how the glass is, durability, etc. i will be target shooting and yote hunting with it. but the pending zombie holocaust will call for some CQB so low powers are necessary. If anybody has other opinions I would love to here them any help would be greatly appreciated.
"keep your booger hook off the bang switch!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2011 at 21:04
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2011 at 21:18
Not a fan of Burris.
The Super Sniper is very nicely designed with interesting options.
I also like the 1-4 Trijicon Accupoint
but I run compact ACOG 's  a 1.5 on one rifle and a 3x on the other and I am quit fond of those.
PS: buy mags now or regret it later.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2011 at 21:26
Like my Burris scopes, but not as much as my SS scope.  Based on that and knowing the service and quality you will get with the SS, that would be the first choice for a 1-4.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
scarface_usmc View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2011 at 20:26
Thanks guys i gave it a good look but im looking for a 1-4 with bdc reticle for a .556. The pictures on the thread shown what looked like a bdc, but on swfa that reticle is not an option. any other 1-4 glass around $800.
redfish1975 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2011 at 22:02
So what did you go with?

Just picked up my SR556 and trying to get a plan of attack for it now. Any free info you want to share I am all ears?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2011 at 17:48
I actually ended up going with a RCO. Great weapon huh. did you go with the 5.56 or the 6.8?
redfish1975 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfish1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2011 at 23:29
Sorry not sure what RCO is?

I have not had a chance to get mine to the range yet....picked up late Sunday and hope to hit range this weekend......I went the 5.56 route
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2011 at 12:13
http://swfa.com/Trijicon-4x32-Acog-Rifle-Scope-P11309.aspx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic