OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Fine Mult X reticle from Bushnell Elite???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbh_2403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fine Mult X reticle from Bushnell Elite???
    Posted: February/12/2011 at 02:18
Any one know how to use this reticle to measure MOA? I would assume the smaller inner (finer) + would have to measure a certain number of MOA when it turns into a thicker+
jbh_2403 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbh_2403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2011 at 10:32
I had horrible typos in the title (sorry). "Fine Multi-X"  on a Bushnell Elite 6500. (I believe it was a 4.5-30x50) . Anyone who can help me out? I really appreciate it. I really wish I had something with a fine x with mildots. What are you guys using scope wise for ranges out to 1000yards like this? I'm just starting out but when I grab ahold of something...I'm pretty dedicated. This scope is on an FN A3G 
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2011 at 11:41
there isn't a way to measure MOA really with anything other than a reticle with mil-dots or some variation of it.  With a straight plex style reticle your left really knowing the size of your target and making guesses at the hits
jbh_2403 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbh_2403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2011 at 17:44
Thanks, SVT. I know some crosshairs when they change thickness at a given point, that distance from the middle to the change is a certain number of MOA but I didn't know if that was the case with this one or not. I 'm probably going to have to make a guess on the size of known objects and who knows..maybe at a hundred yards I can guess how many MOA the crosshairs are at. You just gave me a great idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic