OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Who Manufactures The Super Sniper Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Manufactures The Super Sniper Scopes
    Posted: February/08/2011 at 19:11
Ok I've heard it by numerous people/sources and the answer differs. Where is it referenced in black, who makes the Super Sniper Scopes? Why is SWFA the only place that sells them?

Please set me on the straight and narrow.
Ranger007
grnjeep1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grnjeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 19:19
I don't think anyone knows for sure, except the guys from SWFA.  I've heard light optical works, but who knows...Either way, these scopes will hold their own against any manufacturer out there.
308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 19:21
SWFA
Gerald Baker
glock24 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glock24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 20:16
I always thought is was the Japanese firm who originally built them for Tasco.

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 21:03
It doesn't really matter, they are subject to SWFA's specs, quality control, and customer service, so buy with confidence!

SWFA designs and markets the scopes, so they sell them.  This is good, because it saves you and me from paying the dreaded, greedy middleman.

Robin Hood
-Matt
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 21:16
Elves...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
grnjeep1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grnjeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 21:45
After getting my 3-9 and looking through it, I wouldn't be suprised if they were made by elves. Glass as good, if not better than a MK4, and at half the price. Good stuff Yippee
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 21:47
Elves?  The tooth fairy brought mineBucky
moeman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 23:46
Geez,  what does a guy need to do to get an honest answer?
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 06:36
More rumors about where these are made than about the Kennedy assassination.  All about as factual.
In the end it really does not matter............don't know what countries my " made in America"cars are manufactured/assembled in but I still drive them just fine.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 07:17
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Elves?  The tooth fairy brought mineBucky

There you go hanging with fairy's again....

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 07:18
NO NO NO  I we can't turn another thread into rubish...........
No No
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 08:01
Only SWFA knows for sure where they are made. As for why they are only available from SWFA, its because they own the rights to the scope, and choose not to sell it through any other outlets.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 08:23
Like most things now a days...  The SS scopes are wholey owned by SWFA and built by somebody else.  As long as the specifications and base design are good then the proper QC is preformed you get a quality product.  Got to keep a close QC eye on your suppliers!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 08:41
Maybe those scopes are made in a large, red county far away in the east.

Smile Big Grin
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 08:42
countRy of course.........
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 09:25
NO! They are definitely not NOT, Chinese made! I have had 2, both were made in Japan.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 16:32
This comes up all the time and I don't understand why.

I think that people think that companies like Bushnell, Night Force, Simmons, Millett, etc. all have their own factories and that they build scopes for smaller companies in their factories.  This is not the case.  The only companies that have their own manufacturing facilities reside in Germany and Austria with a few other exceptions.  Everything else comes from factories scattered all over the orient that are not owned by any name brand.  The days of a company actually producing their own products in house is long gone.

Another common misconception is relating one name brand to another.  For instance the guy asking was probably looking to get an answer like, Bushnell.  Then he would assume that our scope is the same as a particular Bushnell scope.  Most of these factories are capable of producing extremely high end scope all the way down to Barfska type scopes.  You supply them with the specs and they build it.  You supply them with a budget and they'll hit it.

Even if we told you the name of the factory you would not know any more than you do right now because it is not relevant and has no bearing for comparison sake.  For instance if I told you that our scopes are made in The Ping Pang Chow factory in Japan, what would you have learned about our products?

With a large pile of money you could travel the orient and come to market with The Ranger007 scope line and it could be whatever you want it to be from NightForce quality to BSA quality and there are many factories that could do it.  They have "house" scopes already designed that they can just glue your logo on if you like.  That is why you see so many scopes that look alike with different names on them because these smaller companies did not design anything, they just wanted a scope line with their name on it.  These off the shelf scopes are typically mass produced low budget scopes.

We have taken a completely different approach with our products.  They are not off the shelf, they are all custom, proprietary designs built to our specifications and our specifications are strict and tight with no compromises in regards to final product integrity.  We keep the bean counter out of all design meetings (sorry Mom).  If we can save 50 cents by making something out of plastic instead of an alloy we typically opt to spend an extra 50 cents and make it out of hardened steel.  Same with our glass and coatings recipes.

This business model would not work if our products had to go through the normal channels of distribution because the mark up and overhead would have them prices way out of the market.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 16:39
Excellent post Chris,  sticky it ?
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 18:47
Wow, thanks for clearing that up Chris as it started to sound like you were the Tooth Fairy [:}

By the way, all SWFA  scopes are great designs & very reasonable so just about anyone can have a nice piece of glass,Thanks ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent 
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic