OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Base and rings for BAR and Burris Euro Diamond

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Base and rings for BAR and Burris Euro Diamond
    Posted: February/04/2011 at 15:13

Just purchased a Burris Euro Diamond 1.5-6x40 and will be purchasing a Browning BAR LW stalker in 308 soon. What would be the best base/ring combo for this gun keeping the scope as low as possible?

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 15:16
I would probably go Talley ring mounts or Warnes.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 00:03

I too would probably go with the talley's or warne's.

BigGameBalls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:23
Okay so the Euro Diamond is on the way and the gun should be in hand with in a couple months. I have actually read that the browning BAR shoot better with a 2 piece mount system. Not sure why this would be the case but I fiure I'll go with it. I like the Warne Maxima 2 piece bases with the maxima rings. My question is are the bases similar or compatible with a picatanny system? They seem to be a lot thinner/lower then a picatanny rail mount.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:31
Those are weaver based I believe, so they are not compatible with picatinny.  However the rings will bolt on to a picatinny rail.

I would seriously consider the Talley lightweight rings mounts.  They are easier to install and have less parts that need bolted together.  So less chance of failure.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:32
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Those are weaver based I believe, so they are not compatible with picatinny.  However the rings will bolt on to a picatinny rail.

I would seriously consider the Talley lightweight rings mounts.  They are easier to install and have less parts that need bolted together.  So less chance of failure.

What kind of bases would go along with those?
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:35
THey don't need bases as it is all one part.  You cannot see them real close but those are the rings mounts on my abolt.  I also have them on my 45-70.  They are very strong.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:36
Here is a nice pic of what the look like.  The bottom part bolts right on to your action.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:38

What scope is that and what heigt are the mounts? I'm wondering if I'll be able to get away with lows on the BAR being that I dont have to worry about bolt clearance.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:39
That is a Swaro z6.  30mm tube 42mm objective.  Low rings

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:41
On my BAR I have a Redfield base, low Leupold rings and a 30mm tube scope with a 42mm objective.  I have room for a butler creek cap and just a little bit more.  I think you could get away with low talleys

Edited by supertool73 - February/09/2011 at 15:44

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:44
I' just not sure if I'm crazy about the way those talley's look. Is it weird to care what rings and bases look likeLoco
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:45
Is that some sort of custom BAR?
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:45
I can do some measuring tonight if you want me to and report back.

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:45
No, I just duracoated it and put a Bell and Carlson stock set on it.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:49
Being that the LW stalker has sights on it I kind of like the ability to have some sort of quick release. Either those Warne's with quick release or EGW make a 1 piece picatanny rail and I could find some quick release rings.

What kind of accuracy do you get out of your BAR?
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:51
here is what the Warnes will look like on a BAR. 

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 15:51
2 inches at 100.  Its not that great.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 18:39
Anyone else have any other ideas or positive results with other options?
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2011 at 23:50
It would be really sweet if you could search base and ring options by the model of gun. Just put in BAR and have every single option made for it come up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic