OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

sampelist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiganman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sampelist
    Posted: February/04/2011 at 10:52
everyone seems to be talking very highly of the zeiss conquest. I was looking at the samplelist and found a few 4.5-14x44 with z-plex  scope is rated at a b, price are around 650.00-680.00

do they get any cheaper or is this avg price for this model conquest ? second the rating is a b for very minor wear - what kind of condition should i be expecting ? my guess scope ring marks?

thanks

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 10:56
yes
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 10:59
I got a model B of the samplelist for a little more than that and it looked brand new.  Your not going to find a better price IMO. Condition B could is just what you said. minor ring marks, maybe a chip of paint missing here or there but SWFA typically makes you surprised that it is in such good shape when you get it.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 11:19
I agree, they are very conservative in their ratings.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
michiganman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiganman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 11:30

so if one scope price is 650.00 and another (same model) is 30 dollars more but both are rated at b the one that cost more is going to be a higher ranked b ? (less scratches )

just trying to get as much info as icould before i decide

thanks
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 11:33
SPL13177 Zeiss 4.5-14x44 Conquest Rifle Scope DEMO-B
Click to view 5214309920, Matte, Z-Plex, 1"
$649.95
SPL12835 Zeiss 4.5-14x44 Conquest Rifle Scope DEMO-B
Click to view 5214309920, Matte, Z-Plex, 1"
$679.95
I belive these are the two you are talking about.  The higher priced one is a factory refurb, means something may have went wrong with it or a blemish from the factory and it had to go back to make it 100%.  Shoudl be basically a new scope but being its been worked on its refurbed.  Thats the one I'd go with because most likely you'll get a brand new scope out of it.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 11:34
another thing is the picture is the actual scope your getting so you can tell a little about them that way
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 11:46
Can't go wrong with the Samplelist.....  I highly recommend it!
take em!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 11:50
If you have questions dont hesitate to call and talk to someone there or to PM CFII or Brady and ask them about differences. The samplelist prices are usually quite good and the scopes I have bought off samplelist have looked brand new in great condition so buy with confidence.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
michiganman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michiganman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 12:05
okay well i pulled the triger on 1 zeiss conquest thanks svt and the others for the help, now scope mounts lol
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 12:06
I really like Warne mounts and rings!
take em!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 12:09

Please don't hesitate to call SWFA, they are super friendly and very knowledgeable.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 17:52
I really like Talley lightweight ringmounts that eliminates having a seperate base and then rings so one less connection for something to go wrong.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
feklar View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feklar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 15:45
heck, call them and they might pull the scopes and tell you which one they would buy.

Great customer service there, I bought a "b" scope there and the only marks I could find on it was rub marks on the ends of the target turrets, I'm guessing from a gun case.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic