OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Accupoint on a Kimber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brilite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accupoint on a Kimber
    Posted: February/01/2011 at 18:03
Does anyone have an Accupoint 3-9x40 (TR20R) on a Kimber Classic 84M?  My Kimber is a .243 and I'm trying to get a feel if the scope is too heavy at 13.4 oz. for the rifle and upsets its balance.
Thanks,
Brian
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 18:10
I have both the scope and the rifle, but not combined.  That being said, 13.4 oz. is a very light scope, comparatively speaking.  The scope I do have on mine is a Kahles 2-7X36, which is considered a very compact scope, yet it's only about 2 oz. lighter than the TR20.  I guarantee you if you were blindfolded and someone handed you 2 identical rifles with different scopes having a 6 oz weight difference, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference by feel.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
brilite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brilite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 18:21
Ted,
I removed a Vari-X III 4.5-14x40 and put a Vari-X III 2.5-8x36 on my Kimber.  The difference was very apparent and I liked it a lot.  I don't want to go back to that heavy feel but I want the post with the red triangle.
Do you like the Accupoint?
Brian
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 18:24
Yes I do; very much so.  It has good optics and their innovative approach to reticle illumination is unique in the industry and hard to beat.  The only negative thing I can say about the TR20 is it suffers from a bit of tunnel vision, but not enough that it detracts from my overall enjoyment of the scope.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 19:51
personally, I think you would be happy with the TR20
though if you wanted a little smaller scope with illumination perhaps one of the new Leupold Firedot 2-7s, weight would be about the same but they are a little more compact...

No real feedback out yet but I have one due in in a day or two and own a TR20 mildot /greendot to compare it against...

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

moeman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 18:44
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

personally, I think you would be happy with the TR20
though if you wanted a little smaller scope with illumination perhaps one of the new Leupold Firedot 2-7s, weight would be about the same but they are a little more compact...

No real feedback out yet but I have one due in in a day or two and own a TR20 mildot /greendot to compare it against...

Please do share your comaparison!
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 21:08
will do..
was hoping it would be here today... no go
guess the weather has it delayed

brilite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brilite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 17:31
I put the TR20R on my Kimber today.  Oh, yes!!!  Very nice feel on the light rifle.  It feels as good as it did with the 2.5-8x36 Leupold.  Love the post and the illuminated triangle.
Thanks for all the comments and recommendations.
Brian
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 18:09
Good deal!  I would've had a hard time believing you wouldn't like this scope.  I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it!
Ted

ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 21:13
cool man
we need pics!

toying with the idea of a Kimber in 25-06

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 21:41
I love the  Trijicon Accupoints.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic