OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bill would require all SD citizens to buy a gun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bill would require all SD citizens to buy a gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 06:31
Originally posted by lewwetzel lewwetzel wrote:

Nice to know SD has all its other problems solved so the state legislature can waste taxpayer time/money with crap like this. FYI: that law making everybody buy into an insurance pool was originally a GOP idea, from back in the Clinton days. More recently, you might not know that Mitt Romney is a Republican - who as governor of Mass. helped write that same provision into his state's Obama-like health care plan. This SD lawmaker sound like an insurance co. whore; maybe those bright citizens (my ex-wife was from there) would like to go back to the days when co.'s like Wellpoint can arbitrarily raise some insurance premiums by 40% after a record-breaking (profit) quarter, as they did last year.
This gun owner despises panderers. If some politician lies about or unfairly slanders the opposition - regardless of which political "side" that person is on - then he's just another liar, not to be trusted. Not so sure this guy is pandering to gun owners or sucking-up to his ins. co. bosses more here, though.
Guess I'll scratch SD off my list for hunting trips from now on... 

I'm thinking you're missing the point of the SD bill.  The sponsors know it will be killed, and that's precisely the point.  It helps illustrate hypocrisy on what sort of mandates the gov't can impose on people.

You're gonna have to provide a link on your contention that the healthcare law was originally a GOP idea.  That has been a Dem wet dream for decades.  I'm not implying that GOP is lily white on crap like this, but even if some GOP politician did support at one time or another, that idea has never had widespread GOP support.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 06:32
Originally posted by lewwetzel lewwetzel wrote:

Nice to know SD has all its other problems solved so the state legislature can waste taxpayer time/money with crap like this. FYI: that law making everybody buy into an insurance pool was originally a GOP idea, from back in the Clinton days. More recently, you might not know that Mitt Romney is a Republican - who as governor of Mass. helped write that same provision into his state's Obama-like health care plan. This SD lawmaker sound like an insurance co. whore; maybe those bright citizens (my ex-wife was from there) would like to go back to the days when co.'s like Wellpoint can arbitrarily raise some insurance premiums by 40% after a record-breaking (profit) quarter, as they did last year.
This gun owner despises panderers. If some politician lies about or unfairly slanders the opposition - regardless of which political "side" that person is on - then he's just another liar, not to be trusted. Not so sure this guy is pandering to gun owners or sucking-up to his ins. co. bosses more here, though.
Guess I'll scratch SD off my list for hunting trips from now on... 

I'm pretty sure this bill is NOT about guns. It relates to the BHO Gov't. Health care boondagle. If the Goobermint can mandate health insurance purchasing then why not "other" stuff like guns, etc. Get the point?
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 12:58
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

I'm pretty sure this bill is NOT about guns. It relates to the BHO Gov't. Health care boondagle. If the Goobermint can mandate health insurance purchasing then why not "other" stuff like guns, etc. Get the point?

Even Obamacare is not all about health care. If is was then why is there a section that adds a tax starting Jan 1 2013 of 3.8% on the sale of your home? Nice way to screw our retired folks that want to move south for their retirement.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2011 at 16:37
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Even Obamacare is not all about health care. If is was then why is there a section that adds a tax starting Jan 1 2013 of 3.8% on the sale of your home? Nice way to screw our retired folks that want to move south for their retirement.

You are so right. Obamacare is about $ and power. Get the masses beholdin' to the Libs and get votes forever. I'm rather sure Dingy Harry Reid could not give a crap about the health and well-being of the average citizenry... just want to keep getting re-elected. The Dems stuck all kinds of hidden crap in that monstrosity.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 12:56

Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

You are so right. Obamacare is about $ and power. Get the masses beholdin' to the Libs and get votes forever. I'm rather sure Dingy Harry Reid could not give a crap about the health and well-being of the average citizenry... just want to keep getting re-elected. The Dems stuck all kinds of hidden crap in that monstrosity.

If the bill was about medicine, why does it require the hiring of some 16,000 IRS agents and no Doctors?
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
opticshistorian View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticshistorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2012 at 23:20
sigh. There is no evidence that the quote is attributable to Thomas Jefferson.  It is certainly nowhere in his writings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic