OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

People like this walk amongst us

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 357mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People like this walk amongst us
    Posted: February/01/2011 at 12:02
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1144905&page=1 

I can't imagine having to deal with people like this on a daily basis, I feel for you SWFA and hope all of your customers are not like this jack ass.
I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 12:05
i see a lot of people stuck up for swfa. some people just need somethin to bitch about.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 12:11
must be his time of the monthLoco
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 12:17

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 12:41
What a friggin drama queen!!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 15:16
Brady stepped in and took the high road.

In reality there was no way his order could have shipped USPS the same day he ordered and our phone answers don't have access to what time someone ordered.

If he called and asked if his order shipped, the order taker would pull up his order and see its status as SHIPPED.  The order taker would not know to ask the customer what day he ordered, what time he ordered and what method of shipping he had, if the guy called and said has my order shipped it does not matter who he spoke with we would have told him yes.

USPS picks up once a day around 9-11 so you would have to order the day before to make that pick up.  UPS picks up at the end of the day and 99% of our orders are UPS.

People these days don't give anyone the benefit of doubt and have a sense of entitlement like never before.  We get at least one threat a week that they are going to go to every talk group and tell all their friends how bad we are over little things like the guy above ordering USPS on a Friday and bitching because it did not go out until the next business day.

I just looked in our mail box and saw this one from today in reply to a trade in appraisal.  All of that because he feels we low balled him on a trade in, when in reality we did not.  This particular trade in was a Leupold and we buy new Leupolds at distributor cost and list them on our site at Leupold's mandated miniumim advertised price.

"That offer was actually very insulting. I've been hearing good things about your company, but after that offer I won't every even bother looking at your web site again. I'll make sure that everybody I know and every forum that I go to hears about this. That scope retails for over a $1000."

Further more he did not give us much information to evaluate his product.  Dave does a ton of trades a day and I've told him if people don't take the time to properly and or thoroughly describe their trade then you must assume it is the least valuable model.

Here is what he provided us with to appraise his trade,  "Leupold vx-III 8.5-25 long range target".

There are a bunch that fit this description and most are no longer made or recently closed out.  We don't know if it is a Vari X-III or VX-3 and that makes a huge differnce.

Retail sucks at times and with the Internet people are quick to slam you if you don't do exactly what they want when they want.  You can try your hardest to do everything perfect and still end up pissing people off.

Edited by Chris Farris - February/01/2011 at 15:17
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 15:22
cant please em all i guess. public service can really suck.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 15:23
Chris we always have your back cause well all know you guys are about as up and up as they come. 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 15:24
no doubt!Excellent
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
KY Hick View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY Hick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 16:01
Some body mail that whiny brat some complimentry tissue! waa waa waa waa waa waa. 
Maybe send him some pieces of coal, and he can send us back some diamonds!
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 16:06
I know it was a long and boring read but did you read it all?  Even after we explained how this happened, that was not enough....he wanted everyone to apologize to him.

Whacko
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 16:06
The internet simply gave the common idiot a microphone behind a curtain so they could hide their identity.  But what they truly don't understand is that curtain is see thru to people in the know.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 16:09
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

"That offer was actually very insulting. I've been hearing good things about your company, but after that offer I won't every even bother looking at your web site again. I'll make sure that everybody I know and every forum that I go to hears about this. That scope retails for over a $1000."

I intervened on this one and asked him for the serial number and stock number and after getting that I was able to determine that our offer was fair.  Here is my last reply.  He did apologize for his original reply, so maybe there is still hope for some people.

That one was made in 2009  and is discontinued.  It has been closed out at a retail price of $799.95 two years ago.

Here is one for sale priced at $775.  new in the box (sealed).

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4242496

Here is one on eBay that is bid up to $711. With a day to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leupold-VX-III-8-5-25x50mm-Long-Range-Target-55186-/200569741953

Looks like the market will bear $700. - $800. For this scope today and since we are not the end user we need to be in it at least 40% below that to make a fair profit.

$750. Minus 40% is $450. So it looks like my guy did exactly what I said.  He assumed it was a discontinued model and bid accordingly.

We can offer more sometimes depending on what you are trading towards.  For instance if it is something with a high profit margin then we could discount the product you are getting from us or give you more for your trade (half a dozen one way, six the other).

-Chris

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 16:13
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

The internet simply gave the common idiot a microphone behind a curtain so they could hide their identity.  But what they truly don't understand is that curtain is see thru to people in the know.

True.  These things really bother me though because we try so hard.  We also can not defend our selves and provide our side when they run and tell everyone they know.

My mom keeps telling me to let it go because anyone that knows guys like this most likely knows how they are and will take it with a grain of salt.

So now I picture outlawskinnyD as being the person behind these types of unfair attacks then it makes me feel better knowing that anyone they run and tell will just blow them off.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 16:13
Sounds more than fair and far beyond what normal CS would do.  Especially on a day when your running limited staff because of the weather.
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 16:37
The internet:  Making tough guys out of banty roosters. 

It was a nice touch on his behalf to ask for apologies from everyone after he shot his mouth off.  Classy guy.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 16:55
I would not waste my time worrying on it Chris, The vast majority of us know that this guy and all other's like him are like a bad fart... hang around and stink for a few minutes, then fade off as a bad memory. We all know and appreciate, that SWFA bends over backwards for their customers and we will remain loyal customers and friends.

Tony
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2011 at 19:04

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2011 at 20:26
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

True.  These things really bother me though because we try so hard.  We also can not defend our selves and provide our side when they run and tell everyone they know.

My mom keeps telling me to let it go because anyone that knows guys like this most likely knows how they are and will take it with a grain of salt.

So now I picture outlawskinnyD as being the person behind these types of unfair attacks then it makes me feel better knowing that anyone they run and tell will just blow them off.
Don't worry about it Chris. Anybody that he runs into that's done business with you will know what kind of company you run, and how your service is. They WILL instantly want to beat him down. If there is anyone else out there like me, (and for your guys's sake I hope not) I knew after I bought my first scope from you that ALL optics I bought would be from SWFA. You just put forth the effort to make customers happy, and that makes all the difference to some of us.

Now, would you PLEASE start carrying Nightforce, so I can buy one.Bucky

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2011 at 21:10
Some people just dont understand what a favor you guys do everyone by actually takeing trade in optics.  I would probably tell them that its really tough to value something sight un-seen and that you may have to have the product in inventory a while before it sells so that has to be figured into what you are able to allow for value. Value of course is always negotiable and in all fairness we are willing to listen to what dollar figure you want for the item and decide yes or no.  They are always welcome to take it to local stores or to a gun show and sell it for more if they can get more.  Two of the sporting goods stores here sell only new and dont take any trade in items. One does take trade in items and they always value items low but you have to if you want to be able to sell it at the reduced price that makes it attractive when it sits next to a new one of the same thing.   Want to really get insulted on the value of anything firearms related just troll it aroung a gun show for a day.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic