OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Browning X-bolt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Browning X-bolt
    Posted: January/29/2011 at 22:20
is it really worth the extra 300 dollars to get the stainless barrel, i can get the matte blued barrel 7mm for 699, and the stainless costs 989 both at the same store and neither of them are on sale, how is stainless steel worth 300 dollars?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2011 at 22:41
it says browning on the box doesnt it?Bucky
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2011 at 10:59
+1 Pyrro

For a grand I can find an action and get a serious custom barrel put on it.  I never could see the current Browning bolt guns...  If you have a one with a Model 98 action, then I'm all in.  The BLR or BAR is a differant matter. 
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2011 at 12:08
i prefer the aboltII any way. i have a ss .300win mag that i bought in 97 for $500 nib! i wouldnt trade it today for any xbolt. what a shooter she is too.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2011 at 16:27

If you hunt in nasty rainy wet conditions and your rifle will be exposed over several days ..Stainless may be worth it ..Otherwise . Blued will work, just be diligent and give it a good once over after a day in the weather

pcrage View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2011 at 12:39

+1 Martin. 

blued is fine....just take care of it...
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2011 at 13:17
+2
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2011 at 19:55
It can be if you need a corrosion resistant rifle or just don't like to bother with maintenance. The problem with some stainless rifles is that they are not completely stainless. Some times the exterior parts are, but the interior parts are not. I do not see much point in a SS rifle that has a blued trigger group and magazine.
Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2011 at 07:42
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i prefer the aboltII any way. i have a ss .300win mag that i bought in 97 for $500 nib! i wouldnt trade it today for any xbolt. what a shooter she is too.

Agreed, I prefer the A-bolt and the A-bolt II over the X-bolt. This is just my humble opinion, if your going to drop a grand, I would be looking at titanium rifles. Never owned one, but always wanted to.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2011 at 11:06
Originally posted by urbaneruralite urbaneruralite wrote:

It can be if you need a corrosion resistant rifle or just don't like to bother with maintenance. The problem with some stainless rifles is that they are not completely stainless. Some times the exterior parts are, but the interior parts are not. I do not see much point in a SS rifle that has a blued trigger group and magazine.

Even stainless needs maintenance. What are you saying?
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic