OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New toy in town.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New toy in town.
    Posted: January/28/2011 at 06:27
I used to have a Blaser R 93, and was very satisfied with it. Now i skiped it for trying out the Blaser R8.
There is not a whole lot of difference on them. They are both short and handy rifles. 
The R8 is a little thicker out front which gives a better grip. It contains 4 rounds in the mag. where the R93 only has 3. 
Both are take downs and with a streight pull reloading system that kicks ass after a little practice.
So far i am pretty happy with it. It's shooting hole in hole on 100 meters Yippee I am looking foreward to try it out in the field, hunting for deer.. Season opens May 16 so i still have a little time to play with it on the range.Sharp Shooter

Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 06:32
Hey did you know the bolts on the wrong side?Loco

Just picking.  Looks good man
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 07:19
I know.. 
Two wrongs make a right. Bandito
Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 08:10
Congrats Claus happy hunting with the new toy, what caliber did you opt for?

RegardsChris
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 08:25
Thank's Chris.
I bought two barrels and mag. One in 6,5-55 and one in 30-06.
I have allways been shooting 30-06 and are very happy with that caliber, but I have acces to cheap 6,5 - 55 ammo for training purposes and i like to spend time at the range.
On top of that, the 30-06 is overkill for roedeer which i hunt the most. A good buck is approximately 55-60 pound.
Here is one of the better ones i have running at the farm. Taken with a trailcam.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 08:40
What optic are you using?
Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 08:54
Excellent pictures.....I don't know what is prettier, the rifle or the countryside.
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 09:11
 Thanks. SVT. It's a Leupold MK 4 - 4,4-14x50 LRT. 

Stud Duck. Smile Thank's. Yep it`s pretty out here. We were on the hunt for five long years to find that place. 
A little old farm with 25 accres of fantastic nature surrounding it. 
Roling hills, three creeks and a couple of lakes. ( We just got permission to create one mere on 13000sqft todayYippee
This foto was taken in one morning September. And no... it's not been through photoshop.Big Smile

hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 11:32
looks good bro Big Grin
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 11:34
Nice rifle.  Beautiful landscape.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 12:57
I would have posted sooner, but I had to clean the drool out of my keyboard.

Very nice rifle!
-Matt
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2011 at 20:58
Never handled one, but have always been fascinated with the bolt design. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2011 at 08:49
Lucytuma: Next time you visit your gunpusher, try'n see if he has one in stock. I bet you will like it.
I have seen that you can get a Blaser R8 packet deal for a good price in the US. 
Unfortunately we can't get it over here. Check it out.Devil

R8 Professional Package

Included in Package:

• R8 Professional with your choice of caliber:
    • .375 H&H
    • .300 Win. Mag.
    • .300 Wby.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic