OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Favorite Beer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 09:26
    Applesauce in perfectly good beer?  NO thank ya!! Does look like my kinda beer though.  Headin to the store later and will have to see if I can find some. 
til later
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 09:33
apple spice, not apple sauce, i dont mix that stuff any who, its very tasty on its own, cant hardly drink more than one an hour though its heavy beer.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 10:10
  Yea,apple spice. NO thanks again! That dark of a beer is it? REALLY sounds like my kind. If you like your coffee black and strong try drinking this beer at room temp. Believe it or not it seems,to me,to knock some of the bite(bitterness)out of it as when it's cold.

til later
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 11:27
you are correct, beer is supposed  to be served at german room temp which is somewhere between 55 and 65 degrees. colder beer doesnt taste like it really should. i do like my beer chilled a bit i put them in the fridge and when i want one i put it on the counter for half hour 45min or so then drink it.
creamy dark is one of the best dark beers i have ever had.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 12:05
Just BEER
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 13:29

Pacifico

Summer time, ice cold, this one's tough to beat!!

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
meat head View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meat head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 13:35
hi felersHowdyi never here of any these beer i lack bud wiser an budlite an coor lite
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 13:56
    Pyro,I couldn't find it today but I WILL have some picked up in Winchester,VA. before long!
    I've got to be honest here in that if I'm going to be consuming a good bit it"s strictly Bud Light. But I does like my dark beer!

til later
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 14:23
Originally posted by meat head meat head wrote:

hi felersHowdyi never here of any these beer i lack bud wiser an budlite an coor lite

+1
That coor lite is a good back up when bud ain't around.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 14:46
I like them Mexican beers!!!  And the Dutch beers.....those real strong, bitter ones. Bandito I drink them because we can't get South African beer in America...at least, I never found any....(and the Foster's is not the strong Australian one...it is the diluted Canadian version.........Sad )  
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 18:52
If you could get a "barley wine" in USA try it, 8-12% volume of alcohol, the taste is strong and it will kick your butt if you down a few.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 18:57
Smithwicks if I'm in a pub, or New Castle brown in a bottle.
God save the Empire!
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 19:00
Every time i see a bottle of newcastle brown in the USA i laugh because the bottle is so small and the price is HIGH.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 19:09
Bell's Third Coast Old Ale and Sierra Nevada Bigfoot are two common barley wines in the midwest
http://www.bellsbeer.com/index.php/brands.html
http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/bigfoot.html

Many of the local brew pubs also do a seasonal batch, also. It is not my favorite style but it is definitely a big beer.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 19:21

OUR BEERS

FireBrick

FireBrick was introduced in 1999, and is named after the bricks that line Schell's old boilers. It is the culmination of an effort to bridge the gap between the "popular-tasting" beers and the heartier, hand-crafted ones.

FireBrick is a refreshing all-malt lager with an amber-red hue that reflects the feeling of the brewery itself.

It has been described by Ted Marti as having a "subtle maltiness combined with a hint of hoppy taste that creates a mild, pleasantly drinkable beer." It is made with four specialty malts, along with Vanguard, Chinook and Hallertau hops.

Beer Style: Vienna-style amber lager

Alcohol by Volume: 5%

Characteristics: Reddish-Amber hue. Carries a mild, pleasant maltiness with subtle sweetness and a light hoppy finish. A very drinkable, year round beer.

Awards:
Bronze medal at the 2002 Great American Beer Festival.

Back---><<  Back
this is one of my faves also good stuff.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 19:22

" hspace=60 src="http://www.pagebrewing.com/images/spacer.gif">

JAMES PAGE BREWS THREE
OF ITS WORLD CLASS BEERS YEAR-ROUND.

Amber%20Lager

JAMES PAGE IRON RANGE AMBER LAGER

Gold Medal Winner, Great American Beer Festival.

Brewed with the finest two-row malted barley, Munich malts and Spalter hops, this smooth Vienna style beer is a true European red lager with a well balanced

this stuff is pretty good also
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 19:23
Backup beers..

corona
samuel adams
coors light

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 19:24
The Firebricks look pretty tasty!!

Out here, on the West /Pacific Northwest Coast, there's some pretty good micro breweries as well.  Wink

Edited by mike650 - July/06/2008 at 19:30
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 19:34
I really like the beers offered by Rahr Brewing, a microbrewery near me out of Ft. Worth, TX.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2008 at 19:35
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

The Firebricks look pretty tasty!!

Out here, on the West /Pacific Northwest Coast, there's some pretty good micro breweries as well.  Wink
firebrick is excellent its not as heavy as the creamy dark thats for sure but its still very tasty!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic