OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

You Know You're In Texas When.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273274275 472>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2016 at 22:42

McDonald Observatory     Fort Davis, Texas  

Otto Struve Telescope and the Milky Way McDonald Observatory, Fort Davis, Texas.

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 07:01
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

A New Mexico girl!!      Excellent

With treats like this how can you NOT love Mexican food?!?!?  Yippee
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 07:15
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Ed, I've never seen anything like this before... A raining Sunset?

It's wild whatever it is! 

Also the picture of the Bald Eagle over the lake at the beginning of this page reminded me....

I saw an American Bald Eagle last week, got close enough to realize how big they can get and this one was Majestic!!! He was standing off two turkey vultures over a deer road kill less than 15 yards off the road and as I approached he spread his wings in warning at eth Vultures.  He made them look small and insignificant.  Wish I had time to snap a picture but I was driving in traffic so I could only watch as I went by....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 11:19

The Golden Eagle is even larger.  They need a runway to take off like a DC-3!   

....a Scottish roe deer ( I think! )   

They were even more plentiful in Wyoming than the Bald Eagle, although my wife and I could see a Bald Eagle nest from our living room window out on the ranch outside of Douglas, Wyoming.  We lived out at Walker Creek Road three miles from the Walker Creek School...

Here is a photo of 'Walker Creek Ranch' in Douglas.  Laramie Peak in the background.  We lived on another ranch right next to Walker Creek on Walker Creek Road  ( we used to cut wood on the banks of the little creek...)  Laramie Peak was not visible from where we were.  This ranch must be way south of where we were....

( my wife and I got married up at Laramie Peak in the Esterbrook Chapel...)

Just past this tank battery, take a right to get on Walker Creek Road.  Eleven miles more to the ranch house we lived in.   

Edited by Son of Ed - January/09/2016 at 11:40
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 11:28

Here is the actual road we lived on!!  Amazing!  We made this turn a zillion times! All the land on the right hand side of the road as far as you can see belongs to the same ranch we lived on.  The house was thirteen miles from here!  ( The ranch was at least 13 miles WIDE!! )  Shocked

We had mail delivery three days a week.  Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!  Bucky      

Star Route 2    Bandito

Holy crap!  This stuff wasn't here thirty-five years ago!!  What is the World coming to!!?   Eek

Bill, Wyoming used to be three buildings!!   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 11:31

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 11:37

Looks like home here!!  

Thunder Basin  

This just kind of blew my mind and I sat to watch it for half an hour...

I would like to come through in spring sometime and see if all of that gold turns to a lush green.">

[ Editor's Note:  The guy who posted this picture added that line of print up above.  The country would only turn GREEN if there was an extraordinarily wet summer! Which is pretty rare, although I have seen the Red Desert actually get green in 2004....]

Edited by Son of Ed - January/09/2016 at 11:44
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 11:49
Exiting a maze of mineral pumps, fenced off pastures and dead ends... Im greeting with a wonderful sunset on my way into town.

God's Country.

( Obama Stay Out!! )   Soap Box

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 11:59
When my wife was alone ( twenty years old at the time...), she would answer the door of the ranch house with a gun in her hand!   

....nobody ever thought that was odd!  

( You better bloody believe she could use it, too!!  Eek  )  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 12:05

She once put 100 rounds of 38 Special through the 10 ring at 25 yards.  Didn't touch the nine ring.  Two Texas DPS Officers were standing there looking at their watches and sticking their hands in their pockets and kicking the dirt while she shot up two boxes....    Roll on Floor Laughing

" ( Where do you guys wanna go to lunch? ) "  

Edited by Son of Ed - January/09/2016 at 12:42
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 12:40

" That would be Jordan and Meghan's Mom! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 12:41

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 13:11

" If you have a Death Wish or simply want to go visit Allah, just break into Eduardo's ex-wife's house!  ¡Vaya con Díos, Pendejo! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 13:16

" It would be like visiting a Travel Agency except much faster service! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 13:17

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 13:18

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 13:26

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 13:40

" Are you Being Served? "   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 13:43

" Get that ladie's phone number! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2016 at 13:57

" Muzzle velocity divided by Between-the-Eyes squared! "   

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 271272273274275 472>
  Share Topic