OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

You Know You're In Texas When.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 473>
Author
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2021 at 10:40
This is a long way from Texas but here’s a few. I have been to New Zealand 6 times so pretty familiar with the North island, more so with the South because my daughter and family have lived there the longest. To my mind the South Island is the wildest, least populated, and most scenic although the North ain’t too shabby either. Least populated is relative here however because the total population is under 5 million.

This is the ferry we took on our first trip from the North to the South. Our trip was memorable if not as calm as you see here because the Cook Strait can get really rough.

My kids live a few minutes from Dunedin which is on the Otago harbour. They have a house on a hillside overlooking the harbour, very picturesque and great for water sports, fishing etc. This picture is of Larnach Castle just down the road from their place. Have been here a few times for dinner.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2021 at 10:43
This picture is from Fiordland with Mitre Peak in the background. Have hunted near here with my son-in-law for pigs. Very rugged country that will test your legs. I have more but not going to bore you right now.

God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2021 at 10:44
The New Yorker Logo Magazine Brand Vector Graphics, PNG, 1440x457px, New  Yorker, Area, Black, Black And White, Black M Download Free

Oww! a single wheel barrow - GIF on Imgur

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2021 at 07:30
The Icefields Parkway: Road Trip through the Canadian Rockies — The Parks  Blog by Wondery

Usually I always post photos of places that I have really been to, but here is some Canadian Rockies. I always wanted to go there but I haven't made it yet. I would love to SEE IT ALL!

The Complete Guide to Travelling in the Canadian Rockies - Dreaming and  Wandering

Two Weeks in the Canadian Rockies Road Trip Guide - In A Faraway Land

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2021 at 03:10
Parts of Alberta are certainly gorgeous
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2021 at 18:35
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

You know yer in TEXAS when the DPS stops you for speeding and asks you how much you've had to drink and you say "Oh......about half a bottle" and he says " Well, you better be careful! "  !!!!!!

I just watched an episode of "Lone Star Law"... game warden pulled over a truck driving down a dirt backroad known to law officers as "drinking road".  Two girls, both turned out to be 18, one drinking Vodka, one drinking Apple Crown, two guys both 23 drinking beer.  Game warden issued the two girls a warning for open bottles in a moving vehicle and a ticket for "minor in possession of alcoholic beverage".  Neither guy got a ticket (must have been a misogynist game warden) but they were sternly warned to not be letting those girls drink anymore on the way home... which they both agreed to.  The two girls were sentenced to 8 days of community service for the "minor in possession" charges and the charges were removed from their records.  
Texas is just WAY too tough...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2021 at 04:22
Well, the time that officer told me that ( "You better be careful") ....that was over forty years ago back in the seventies. 

* but I did get a ticket for speeding. Bucky

Edited by Son of Ed - April/10/2021 at 04:32
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2021 at 05:06

McLennan County, TX

A true story from Texas Monthly about our very own McLennan County Sheriff back when he was a US Marshal...

https://www.Texas Monthly.com/articles/The-Last-Posse...

Portable Horse Corrals for Camping - Best Horse Rider

Edited by Son of Ed - April/10/2021 at 05:20
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2021 at 05:51
Ed, Liz Hurley is looking for a lover - The Optics Talk Forums - Page 1

" Well, that was a real rootin' tootin' rip-snorter of a story! Them fellers got them horse rustlers, yessirree-bob!"  

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2021 at 05:59
Good story. I would bet if you did a genealogical search you are related to Lonesome Dave.
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2021 at 06:04
Oliver Hardy looks at the camera/audience | Laurel and hardy, Stan laurel  oliver hardy, Stan laurel

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2021 at 07:34

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2021 at 20:11
10 Hilarious Redneck Home Repairs | 12 Tomatoes

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2021 at 20:47

11 LOVE BEAST / leenie ideas | beast, animals, animals beautiful

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2021 at 20:58
Dallas Trinity Trails: Barred Owls -- Troubadours Of The Trees

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2021 at 07:21
Grass Valley Real Estate - DowntownGrassValley.com

Grass Valley, California 

I've never been there but I once had a date with a beautiful legal secretary who came from there.  

Best Places to Live in Grass Valley, California          Grass Valley, CA

Well, according to this map I've been close. I went down I 80 from Reno to San Francisco. 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2021 at 16:56
Arches, other national parks close during coronavirus crisis | Las Vegas  Review-Journal

Arches National Park, Utah  

The arch above is The Delicate Arch 

Addie (@HRT_Addie) | Twitter

Arches National Park: A Users Guide

This Supertool Country......   Bucky

Arches National Park

gohamahita (@Zabarbone1975) | Twitter

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2021 at 17:03
La Sal Mountains and Balanced Rock Arches National Park Photograph by Dan  Hartford

Partition Arch - Picture of Partition Arch, Arches National Park -  Tripadvisor

This is a map of campgrounds surrounding Arches National Park, Moab, and  Canyonlands. Visit the original si… | National parks map, Arches national  park, Utah travel      World map reise reisen GIF on GIFER - by Nern

Travel Guide To Utahs Arches National Park – CBS Los Angeles

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2021 at 17:09
Away from Home: Arches National Park, Utah | INFORUM

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2021 at 17:11
Arches National Park Trip Planner — Discover Moab, Utah

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 473>
  Share Topic