OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Center Point Scope Red/Green Dot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highflowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Center Point Scope Red/Green Dot
    Posted: January/25/2011 at 20:01
  having trying to figure out the optics! Can't get the bullet to even hit the target at 10 feet away! never used a Red dot scope before! Have used other though.I forget if the turning of the Vertical/ Horz. works. If I turn the knob left or right witch way does the dot move? Where are you to put the dot @ in the scope? It seem to me that when I  tried to adjust the scope that it was not helping. Was I to close 2 10 '? I was trying to shoot @ 75 yrds and never hit the target. The scope is mounted on a Ruger 10/22.    Please help!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2011 at 20:18
First you have to figure out what way your adjustments work. I can't see where they list them in the manual for that scope so your gonna have to turn the dials until you can detect movement to konw what way to turn it.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2011 at 20:20
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/CPRDWL-515.pdf
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2011 at 20:25
most of the time the  scope list what direction the movement does. but it doesn't appear that those do in the manual so its gonna be a trial and error thing 
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2011 at 23:30
When you adjust to see which direction the dot is moving you must keep the rifle locked in one position. You can not allow the rifle to move either side to side or up and down. If you allow it to move you will have no idea which way the adjustment is moving the dot. There is no way you can do this free hand. Plus if memory serves me correctly as an example if your adjustments are 1MOA which is at 100yds then one click moves the dot basically one inch at 100yds, 1/2inch at 50yds and 1/4inch at 25yds. And if they are finer like 1/2MOA or 1/4MOA the movement is even less. Also you might be able to call the manufacture to find out about the W/E adjustments.

In the red dot scopes I have used if the dot was on the target you were good to go. It did not matter where the dot was in the scope. Yours maybe different so I would start with keeping it in the center. And then see if it is position dependent.

Also you are using a 22LR which has a fair amount of bullet drop. So if you are zeroed at 25yds and try to shot at 75yds you will be low. With my 22LR and my ammo I am about 6inches low at 75yds with a 25yd zero. Plus wind will move the 22LR bullet around a lot.

Hope this helps.
Highflowing View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highflowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2011 at 20:07
    Thanks for all the help! Turns out that the scope was not on the rails right! Got the Gun and Scope all sighted in! Started at 25 yrds than 50 yrds dead on than 75 yards!!! Now bring on the Varmits!     Thanks again!
Big Smile
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2011 at 20:47
awesome, good luck and stick around, you can learn a lot here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic