OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Giant Idaho Wolf.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giant Idaho Wolf.
    Posted: January/23/2011 at 07:13
This wolf was shot  in the Salmon area of Idaho . 
This is one BIG Wolf.... 
This is what we are up against in Idaho , Montana , Wyoming and Oregon ,  These big wolves are eating everything in their wake and expanding their territory faster than we can keep track of them. 
Who is afraid of the "Big Bad Wolf?"
Those wolves don't bother anything or anybody??? Guess again.  Wendy who sent me this one lives near Challis.

Heidi Leavitt shot this wolf just outside their home down river at Spring Creek.  Heidi was in the store and said that they have had a pack running around their place and decided when they heard about them coming their way again, they would try and shoot one (she did have a tag ) . So the next time came quickly and while waiting for the pack to get closer, they looked in the woods below them and there was this wolf.
He weighed 127 lbs and was a collared wolf and by the time they got it to Fish & Game (which is probably an 1.5 hr drive, Fish & Game already knew about the wolf and said they had been looking for him.  He is now skinned and hanging at their place. 
The wolf pack had been terrorizing campers lately.  Had a couple of guys treed in the cab of their pickup all night at Colson Creek campground. Not afraid of human campsites at all.
Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 11:26
Someone else posted pic's here a while back of giant wolves like that they'd shot, can't locate it now. Some even thought it may have been a hoax, they were so large. What cal. rifle did she kill it with?
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 12:05
I recieved this from a hunting friend of mine from Coeur d Alene Idaho. I have absolutely no idea if its a hoax or a true story. I tried to entlarge it and it doesn't seem like it have been through the entlarging machineSmile
Just thought it could be fun to show it to you all.  I have also seen a picture of a guy holding a huge Timberwolf. But this one i havent seen before.

Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 12:12
That is one huge wolf! Im glad we dont have them here..... yet!
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 14:49
I can tell you that some of the wolves around here are big!!  Ran into a few a couple weeks ago.  They were about 1000 yards away, and looked big that far away.  Too bad they nixed the wolf season here.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 15:33
Claus email this to me if you would.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 16:06
How in the world would an entire pack grow that large???  That is not natural.  
The "tops of the food chain" are going to fight... Good thing we have guns.  I've seen a lot of wolf pictures lately with wolves that big.  I don't think we can afford to let that become the 'norm".  A "protected" predator with no fear of man or his domicile is a dangerous beast, indeed...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 19:08
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

How in the world would an entire pack grow that large???  That is not natural.  
  thats why we dont have elk idaho
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 19:31
I don't see any blood and would she really bury her rifle into the snow right up to the scope and why isn't the tongue hanging out in that second picture with his head turned down?

Edited by scooter65 - January/23/2011 at 19:33
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2011 at 19:51
Mercy!! 
That thing looks like it weighs a hell of a lot more than a buck 27, too me. 
Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2011 at 07:31
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

I don't see any blood and would she really bury her rifle into the snow right up to the scope and why isn't the tongue hanging out in that second picture with his head turned down?
She's got ALOT of upper body strength to hold that wolf the way she is in the second and third pic too, hhhhmmmmmm.

Thanks for the post Claus, but I'm not sure I'd buy this one??

Edited by Stud Duck - January/24/2011 at 07:32
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2011 at 08:03
I see what you mean Stud Duck. On the larger fotos i have it seems like she leans a little backwards with her knees bend a bit. 
I´ll send them to you in a pm..

Terry Lamb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Lamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2011 at 08:19
With wolf populations in Idaho at some 600% of "recovery" objectives mandated by the feds, the idiot federal judge Malloy in Missoula eliminated wolf management by the states of Montana and Idaho because he didn't like Wyoming's plan. There went hunting seasons and any vestige of control of the damn things.

Governor Bruce Otter of Idaho responded by ordering state law enforcement to refrain from instigation of any enforcement of federal law regarding the killing of wolves. This war between the states and Feds is escalating in rage.

On the bright side, the takeover of the US House by Republicans means a number of bills will shortly be introduced to eliminate western wolves from the jurisdiction of the Endangered Species Act, thus removing the feds and the moronic Malloy from control of state decisions on what to do about them.
Terry Lamb
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2011 at 18:34
I believe those photos and the given weight.  They get bigger.  USFWS shot out a whole pack a couple of years ago not too far from me and the big male was over 160.  They're not Labrador Retrievers.

Sharp Shooter     -WOLF">

-Matt
gremcat View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2012 at 23:53
Kill them all. We wiped them out for a reason.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic