OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Full Field II 3.5-10x-50mm Illuminated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outdoorfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Full Field II 3.5-10x-50mm Illuminated
    Posted: January/22/2011 at 18:17
Thought I would try and share information on products I have purchased from SWFA.
Shipping was quick and packaged very well from a protective standpoint.  This will be a preliminary review as I will mount it this week and test. Also take into account I consider myself and an optics novice, never hunted and always shot pistols. This year I have taken the plunged and will start hunting with my neighbors. This scope was purchased for primarly hunting the Coyotes (Dusk and night) that are harrasing my animals and the neighbors. I will compare this with the only scope I have VX-3 3.5-15x40 CDS (Primary Deer Scope) purchased 1 month ago.

Pros:
Reticle:
Illuminated reticle is much nicer than I thought, against dark objects in my woods which has heavy brush at dusk makes a tremdous difference. The reticle is easy to adjust and turn on and off, and is very bright and crisp.

Clarity:
Both scopes are extremely clear it would be diffuclt for me to say one way or the other. Both at full zoom seem to be comparable, will need to get out to my 200 yard range to really see and setting them at maybe 6x might give a better comparision.

Dials:
Both feel crisp and the clicks are easy to feel and hear. I would give a edge to the Leupold, the dials are very easy to adjust by hand.

Adjustable Magification:
Leupold is just about the right tension, the Burris requires a firm grip to adjust it is very tight.
Both are very smooth when used.

Fine Focus:
Leupold's fine focus I can see it come into clarity very quickly with minor adjustment. The Burris again here is very tight and requires a good grip to adjust. It seems to take more turns than the Leupold to hit the sweet spot.

Cosmetics:
Coating on the Burris is very clean, I can not find a single issue anywhere on the scope. Glass was spotless from the case, no strong smells etc.

Instructions and packaging:
The default rifle cover caps that came with the Burris is alot to be desired, I like the neoprone cover that came with the Leupold much better.

On instructions the Burris went the extra mile, I like the all the cartrigde examples and the extra Ballistic plex information.

I'm currently very happy with my purchase from SWFA and if the scope shoots well and holds zero on my .223 I will be quite pleased. Price was unbeatable with the discount and would buy a second one if it does shoot well.

Please remeber I'm only providing opinion and I like both scopes very well. I'm not biased on scopes and do not look to argue about it. I look for quality, price and a scope that fits what I believe would be best. I will follow up with my second review after shooting. I have taken pictures but will need to upload to an image site and then will link.

Exact Model number is: 200176
Since I do not have the pictures up yet you can see the scope here on SWFA:

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 18:24
Welcome to Optics and thank you for your feedback. I'm sure the good folks at SWFA appreciate your patronage. 

Also, we have a dedicated Members Test's & Review forum, but that's fine you posted here. Thanks for sharing!   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 18:25
Let me know if I may help you post pics. 
outdoorfan View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outdoorfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 18:31
Thank you for the response, I try clicking the tree (post_button_image.gif) but do not see any button to switch to local hardrive. I was reading the the FAQ and saw where you need 50 post to have more edit capability?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 18:42
Originally posted by outdoorfan outdoorfan wrote:

Thank you for the response, I try clicking the tree (post_button_image.gif) but do not see any button to switch to local hardrive. I was reading the the FAQ and saw where you need 50 post to have more edit capability?

Yes, but you can go to this thread and run your post count up fairly quickly. 
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outdoorfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 19:08
This is great that is allowed on the forums to increase post count, thank you for the link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 19:13
What part of NC are you in? 
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outdoorfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 19:55
I'm work in RTP and close to Morrisville.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 20:01
Originally posted by outdoorfan outdoorfan wrote:

I'm work in RTP and close to Morrisville.

Ah...Wake Co. 
Hey, how's that whole school deal coming along anyway??  Wink

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outdoorfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 21:09
Loool don't get me started on public education.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2011 at 23:15
I'm a huge Burris fan... glad to hear you like yours, and thanks for sharing!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic