OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Anyone heard of CMO Optics?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone heard of CMO Optics?
    Posted: December/11/2005 at 19:37
Has anyone heard of an outfit called "Comabt Military Optics" website: http://www.cmoscopes.com/

Are they any good? worth the money?

Thanks.

Ilya
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2005 at 19:53

Never heard of them.  They seem kind of pricey for a no-name outfit.  The hunting series apparently is not fully multi-coated, nor shock proof.  They also have a 4X with an AO.  Seems kind of strange, maybe for a .22 target rifle?  The tactical stuff looks similar to the old Colt optics from years ago.  They didn't list meeting any milspec standards.  I would be leery.

ranburr

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2005 at 20:12
I have no intention of buying anything from them any time soon.  I was just curious if anyone has used them.  I generally like an idea of a small straight tube scope like their tactical line, so I was curious.

Thanks.
Ilya
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2005 at 12:08

We carried them years ago and did pretty good with them.  We stopped selling them because of huge backorder problems with CMO.  They were made by Hakko for them and you could get the same units from Hakko with their name on them until Hakko went out of business.

If the CMO guy was still using Hakko, they will have no warranty now.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2005 at 13:05

Thank You, Chris.

I am reasonably well familiar with  various scopes marketed under Hakko name, so that gives me an idea on the quality of CMO scopes.

Thanks.

Ilya

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic