OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon BUCKMASTER 4-12X50 SF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chefadamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon BUCKMASTER 4-12X50 SF
    Posted: January/17/2011 at 10:28
is the Nikon BUCKMASTER 4-12X50 SF a good scope for my 30.06 rifle. I'm a rookie hunter, so I don't know much about this.
chefadamj View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chefadamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2011 at 10:29
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2011 at 15:11
There's no reason that scope wouldn't work on an '06. So, if that's what you want, go for it.

There are some real good deals around right now. Several companies are changing their lineups and offering discounts.

The Bushnell Elite, Elite 4200, Vortex Viper, and Nikon Monarch are a step up optically from the Buckmaster.
The Bushnell 3200 and the Burris Fullfield II are direct competitors with the Buckmaster.

If you want to learn some stuff about scopes, find a website called 'Optics Thoughts' and read up on the subject. The author of that site posts here often.

tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2011 at 18:10
I'd take a look at the burris optics on sale right now, and at the vortex viper, also on sale right now. http://swfa.com/Burris-3-9x40-Fullfield-II-Rifle-Scope-P10984.aspx 
chefadamj View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chefadamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2011 at 21:11
thanx!
chefadamj View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chefadamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2011 at 01:06
What do you think of this one for whitetail deer in wisconsin on my 30.06?...Nikon Monarch 2.5-10X42mm Riflescope Matte Mil Dot 8408
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2011 at 12:28
That Monarch should be an excellent all-around hunting scope.
chefadamj View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chefadamj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2011 at 19:48
Thanx guys, I just bought a New Nikon Monarch 3-12X42SF  model 8420! 
teddy12b View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddy12b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2011 at 08:49
I'm a big fan of Nikon buckmaster scopes.  With a 20 MOA rail I've used both the 4-14x & 6-18x for long range target shooting.  They are good solid scopes and worth the money.  I also have burris fullfield scopes and they are good if you want to set one up to be used with the ballistic plex and then never adjusted, but if you are going to dial in your range the buckmaster scopes are much better because the dial is much better.

bman940 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bman940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2011 at 06:16
Chief, I think that is a great choice for a 30-06. I am considering the same magnification for my custom .375 for Water Buffalo hunting in Australia. Very similar ballistics and that Nikon Monarch in 2.5-10 can take all you have to give, it should serve you well. I think I will choose the 50 mm obj. and the BDC reticle for quick long range shots. Though I must admit, Nikon's new custom turrets are calling my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic