OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Any word on the Leupold VX-6 ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any word on the Leupold VX-6 ?
    Posted: January/13/2011 at 13:37
I'm hearing ramblings that Leupold is coming out with a 6x zoom called the VX-6 ? Any truth to this fellas ?
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 13:43
You got my attention,Looker
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 14:28
wouldnt surprise me, it will probably cost a ba-gillion dollars and be worse than a 6500 elite.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 16:24
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

wouldnt surprise me, it will probably cost a ba-gillion dollars and be worse than a 6500 elite.
  ROFLMAO!!
WYcoyote View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WYcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 16:48

Head Bang  +1
outlawskinnyd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlawskinnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 19:10
i hope they do. leupold has one of the best selections for magnification in their scope line ups when compared to other scopes that are under 1000. i also find the vx3 glass to be great and their craftsmanship to be great as well.

many on here who own the minox, zeiss conquest and vx3 all say the conquest has the best glass but the vx3 has better craftsmanship and is lighter. the vx3 glass is great. and ive used the conquest at a range. yeah the conquest may have better glass, but it doesnt light up the night. i hunt with my scopes.

this will probably be the same price as a swaro z3. i cant see it being more than 1k because there is a huge price jump from the vx3 line to the vx7 line. 

its easy for leupold to contend with scopes that are priced to about 700. but once you get to $750 swaro and zeiss and other high end companies start to kick in and based on the name (and quality) and leupold probably made nothing on them. i mean sh*t, even id buy a swaro (unless we are talking tactical).

again this is all just opinion. but ill tell you now, id take a vx3 over a 6500 any day. so i doubt the vx6 if made wouldnt be as good as a 6500. then again id take a 4200 over a vx2 so bushnell kinda balances out there for me
wloarinclar View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wloarinclar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 20:39
I looked thru one at the SHOT show here in Vegas a couple of weeks ago.  Looked really nice to me.  The Leupold rep I talked with said that the price will be under $1k, that it will effectively replace the VX-7 (since it's a better scope) and that the "trick" to the scope was to make a 6x scope that wasn't super-heavy.  I don't claim to be any kind of expert on scopes in general - I just like to hunt and shoot, but it looked like a great scope to me.  Hope this helps!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 20:47
Welcome to OT, wloarinclar!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2011 at 21:06
Cool.   I do wonder however why we have not seen any balistic reticle scopes in FFP because something like that would be great for hunting.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
archeryguy02 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archeryguy02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2011 at 14:02
It was at the shot show and it is going to be reasonably priced from all reports.  Looks really nice.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2011 at 19:23
I see they're on the SWFA.com  web site.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2011 at 21:04
I could do that lit- plex 2-12X42... looks just perfect for hogs.
That 1-6x24 would make a great little levergun scope.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2011 at 22:37
Welcome to the OT wloarinclar!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
moeman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2011 at 19:03
Seems to me if you want to know what Leupold is going to do look at what Burris does 1-2 years before...

Burris moves faster...Leupold probably moves better.

The VX-6 1-6 and 2-12 look interesting, love to see an legitimate review comparing against the Burris XTR line...
coldhunt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2011 at 19:57
Leupold isn't showing them on their site yet. Are they still in the planning stage, or does SWFA have them for sale now?
jgm1981 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgm1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 21:22
as a lifelong leup owner and fan i really think thier about to start getting their act together. glass to price ratio gap is closing   
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 07:54

+1!

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 08:13
Originally posted by jgm1981 jgm1981 wrote:

as a lifelong leup owner and fan i really think thier about to start getting their act together. glass to price ratio gap is closing   

i highly doubt that, they live purely on name, and probably always will.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 17:38

Originally posted by jgm1981 jgm1981 wrote:

i highly doubt that, they live purely on name, and probably always will.

Come on, Pyro!

Where's the faith?

Leupold will have a winner with the VX-6 if it has competitive glass and is priced right.  Say $500 to $800.
-Matt
jgm1981 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgm1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 21:51
they have lived purely on name. but i believe they are really attempting to straiten up. theres alot more competition out there then there was just Maby ten years ago. theses companys like Vortex have jumped in and offering a great product and a great price, and i believe Leup has realized this. Its just hard to beleive they have taken 2 shots at the Alpha class market and both LPS and vx 7 could be considered failures. they were nice scopes, just overpriced. Maby this vx 6 will right the ship  
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic