OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris
    Posted: January/12/2011 at 20:59
Please tell me they have improved 1000%...

I have had Burris Fullfield 2 from both places old and new...

Are the EURO's worth it???

I just can't get my mind around that they could improve even if they improved 500% from then.

I HOPE I am wrong and the EURO's are improved.

I do not want to hear they are as good or better than Leupold's I want to know say how they compare with the VORTEX mid, Sightron mid , Bushnell 6200, SS 10xHD, Meopta mid, Nikon UCC or Tactical, etc...

I am not trying to bash but the Burris Scopes I have looked through were dark and did not have the crisp picture or contrast I expect from a scope.
No one
slowr1der View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowr1der Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 21:20
The glass in my FFII I've got is a lot better to my eyes than my Leupold VX-I, and honestly, I felt it was slightly better than the VX-II I had. I also thought it was a hair better than my Bushnell Elite 3200. It's one of the best scopes I've used in that price range. I'm not sure if you just got bad ones, or if they have improved, or what the deal is, but I'm very happy with mine. 
moeman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 21:46
With all the scope companies out there you might as well move along.
Why try to assuage your strong opinion?

Virtually all I've read about Burris scopes is positive.  Look here for impartial reviews:http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2i.scopes_optics.htm

I've shot 3-9x Burris Sig select scopes (friends) and they are strong... e.g. I think Leupold is behind at each price point. I don't own a Burris so I'm neither and expert or homer.

Considering buying one though...
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 21:57
Originally posted by slowr1der slowr1der wrote:

The glass in my FFII I've got is a lot better to my eyes than my Leupold VX-I, and honestly, I felt it was slightly better than the VX-II I had. I also thought it was a hair better than my Bushnell Elite 3200. It's one of the best scopes I've used in that price range. I'm not sure if you just got bad ones, or if they have improved, or what the deal is, but I'm very happy with mine. 
+1
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 21:58

I don't know where the Timberline falls in the Burris pecking order, but the glass is comparable to my Vortex Diamondback. I'd help more if I could.

Are you looking at the clearance Fullfield Euro 30? 

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 21:58

I know what you are saying about the FFII.  A few (maybe three?) years ago I used several (some buddies went for the "free binocular/spotter" deal)  that had poor resolution and noticeable distortion.  Recently, I looked through one at the range that had a much improved image.  Newer model? The others were lemons?  Who knows, but the last FFII (an AO model) I looked through had a pretty clean image.
-Matt
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 22:07
You mentioned the FFIIs you have experienced.  What are the others you have looked through?  Just curious as to which exact models are dark to you.

The glass in the Sig Sel, Euro, XTR, and Black Diamonds are all supposed to be the same quality. 

Personally, I think my XTR and BD are better than the 4200s I have looked at.  They are not as good as my SS3-9.  The SS HD will be better than Burris.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 17:36
1 -PHIL
1 -INDO

1-XTR
No one
31 bertram View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 31 bertram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2011 at 18:50
I have been using one of the USA made FF II for many years and I love it. Although some folks do not like the zoom eye piece as it limits you options of scope covers but not a problem for me.
This scope has been tougher than nails, put thru the wringer.  If it dies tomorrow it does not owe me a thing.   As a matter of fact I just picked up another one on sale a couple of weeks ago from swfa for $119.95 in gloss like my old one.  The old one sits on my beloved MK V 257 wby. now.  Hope this helps    
31 bertram
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2011 at 09:36
I hope this is true...

I am very reserved...
No one
31 bertram View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 31 bertram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2011 at 14:28
You may be better off finding something else maybe another brand or whatever because sometimes when you have a bad experience it is best to try something different, something that will work for you.  There are a lot of options out there. Hope this helps.
31 bertram
31 bertram
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic