OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell 3200 vs Pentax Pioneer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell 3200 vs Pentax Pioneer
    Posted: December/09/2005 at 17:19

Which one is the better scope as far as clarity and brightness,

Bushnell 3200 Elite 4-12x40mm or Pentax Pioneer 4.5-14x42mm??

Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2005 at 21:01

They will probably be pretty close.  I have the PentaxWhitetails Unlimited and it is a pretty bright clear scope.  Pentax has Burris make their scopes, using Pentax glass.  I was told recently that now they are all Burris scope and glass.  I would guess that the Pioneer is similar to the Burris Full Field. 

I was not all that impressed with the Bushnell 3200 ( I love the 4200) but the 3200 didnt seem all that bright to me so if the Pioneer is similar to the FullField I'd go Pentax.

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

TXBoy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2005 at 10:01
Best I can tell or can find is that its basically a burris fullfield II with pentax lense coatings. It also appears that the pentax is fully multicoated vs multicoated on the bushnell. Am I right in saying this?? I wonder how Pentax customer service is compared to Bushnell? I know the 3200 supposedly have a free year where you can send em back if they dont work out. Has anyone looked through both of these 2 scopes??
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2005 at 15:28

Why not just get the FFII?

ranburr

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic