OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

coyote killer is done

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlawskinnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coyote killer is done
    Posted: January/05/2011 at 16:31
coyote killer is done! woooo!

i chose to use high mounting rings because i usually fire in a sitting position or kneeling position and im all tucked in and my head is low. which i like, its comfortable for me. i can already tell im gonna hate hate hate using the charing handle, so now im on the look out for a side charging handle from lar or asa

but here she is:

im not gonna bore you with the listing every single part so ill make it quick:
sw lower
addax upper 
rra 2 stage trigger
rra chrome bolt
bhw 1:8 18" midlength gas barrel
leupold vx2 3-9x40 w/ 4" sunshade

im taking her out hunting the weekend of the 15th and 16th

Edited by outlawskinnyd - January/05/2011 at 16:32
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2011 at 16:42
Looks nice. 

Just a little insight on the charging handle, incase you were not aware.  Run it with your left hand.  (ARs are really designed to be completely ran with the left had,  Really your right hand never needs to come off the grip unless you have some serious malfunction or something)  Then just use your left index finger to run the charging handle.  It is real simple that way and then your optic does not get in the way.

Most think you have to use your right hand and put on finger on both sides of the handle. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2011 at 16:45
can i go??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2011 at 16:48
I like my mounts on ARs even a little higher than you got it.  Unless it is a prone gun that is. 

If that does not work for you the Burris PEPR is quite nice.  http://swfa.com/Burris-AR-PEPR-1-Scope-Mount-P12624.aspx

I have the SWFA SSALT which is pretty much the same thing and it is the perfect height for upright shooting on an AR.

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

outlawskinnyd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlawskinnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2011 at 15:43
i am lefty. 

im gonna move the glass up, as for mounts im gonna see what to order and order tonight. that isnt mounted to high if your shooting prone? how about shooting from the sitting position?
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2011 at 15:55
Ahh, I can see the problem being a lefty.  Mega makes a side charger upper as well.  And Young Manufacturing makes a carrier for it with a knob on the side. 

IT works prone, but I prefer it a little lower.  Sitting works just fine.  I have killed a few yotes with that setup in the sitting position had no problem at all. 

Edited by supertool73 - January/06/2011 at 15:55

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2011 at 16:06

megas stuff is pretty resonable.

outlawskinnyd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlawskinnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2011 at 16:26
im writing both of you a pm now, when you get it youll see why i didnt post it
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2011 at 00:25
Very nice looking set up's guys!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic