OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver V7 or Redfield 2-7x33?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver V7 or Redfield 2-7x33?
    Posted: January/04/2011 at 01:39
The Weaver is an ounce lighter and is more aesthetically pleasing to me, but the Redfield has a tad more eye relief(probably not necessary) and is made by Leupold(durability/warranty).  The Redfield is also a little cheaper.

So does anyone have any experience with these two scopes?  I'd rather have the Weaver, but I'd rather spend my money on the Redfield.  I can't pick.  Hopefully somebody here has something to add in regards to either optical quality or build quality between the two.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2011 at 07:13
I used one of the new redfields in 3-9 for a few times and was very pleased with it.  My only gripe with it was the turrets felt cheap and mussy althougth it tracked true on the box test it was kinda a negative IMO. 
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2011 at 09:12
I ordered one of the redfields and it was a very nice little scope. The only caveat I would offer is check your ring dimensions as it is a "little" scopeas in fairly short. I returned it as it was just too short for my application.
outlawskinnyd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlawskinnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2011 at 16:36
i am coming down from the redfield hype. i think its a great scope, i have their binos, they are great.

imo, the weaver is a little more clear on the glass. but thats just me. the turrets on the redfield are so-so, but the turrets on the weaver are weird. the are shaped like a traditional coin slot turret, but move if you put your thumb on top and twist it.

im $60 dollars away from ordering a 2-7x32 bushnell elite 3200 for my lever action. same price as the 2-7x32 weaver.
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 07:55
Haven't looked thru the Redfield but I own a Weaver V7 and like it a lot.  The redfield does have a couple feet advantage in FOV.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
Gray View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 13:59
I am partial to the Leupold VX-II 2-7x33.  I have two of them and use them on an AR-15 and a Ruger 10/22.  The eye relief is very generous and the optical qualty is what I would expect given the price range.  It also scomes in either a duplex or a Leupold Dot reticle. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic