OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Got my eyesight back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got my eyesight back
    Posted: January/02/2011 at 18:38
Better part of a year ago I fished for info regarding cataracts, due to double and triple crosshairs and multiple targets(sure make aiming difficult). Most of your collective replies said "get the surgery done as soon as possible". Well finally afetr a few bouts of health issues, chemo and I cant remember it all, I finally got the cataracts removed. I would follow with the earnest recommendation that if you have cataracts or think you do , get it checkecked out. If possible have the surgery. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Objects got their edges back, everything is much brighter, reading is easier , colors better and on an on. One surprizing result is the ability to use iron sights again! Handgun or rifle its not a s good as It once was, but still good enough for accurate shooting. A few had asked that I report back with the results, so there they are.  Again if you have cataracts and can arrange surgery, go ahead and do it, its like a new life!
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 18:43
Good deal, very happy that your quality of life is better now. Vision is so important to a lot of the activities outside the house. 
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
Johnny View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 18:44
Great news. My mother in-law had her's fixed some years back and it worked  gret.
Good luck with your "new" eyes.
Yippee
Black Bear Road
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 19:02
Good to see you back rogn!
Doug
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 19:38
Glad it worked out well for you.
Reaction time is a factor...
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 20:32

Glad your surgery went well.  I took my dad in last Weds for the same surgery.  He was driving the next day like he'd never had the surgery.  Walking out of the surgery center, even with his eye full of drops he said his sight was 100% better.  Modern medicine amazes me.

stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 21:37
Glad to hear the surgery worked out for you,Welcome back.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 21:39
Good to hear ... good for you!
-Matt
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 21:48
Congrats, this is good news!!!  Excellent

Edited by mike650 - January/03/2011 at 07:21
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2011 at 01:36
That is great. I also put a sinus op off for years, mainly due to poor diagnoses from doctors. I could not believe the improvement in quality of life afterwards. (I can now smell a kudu from 10 milesWink)

So to all, do not delay on those seemingly little things.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2011 at 07:03
Excellent  Great news.  Glad you got your life back in a way
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2011 at 09:31

Thunbs Up Thunbs Up !!   GLAD your enjoying life again.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
rogn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2011 at 11:29
Thanks all for the kind responses.  8 shots I hope to be in your neighbor hood your winter coming, thtats how good this is. Also gotta get back on the 600yd shooting range. One target one crosshair oughta improve scores!!!!!
SSgtSmitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSgtSmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2011 at 09:33

Glad your okay now.

SSgtSmitty
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2011 at 23:58
Excellent Glad to hear all turned out well for you!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic