OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Browning BAR question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craSSh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Browning BAR question
    Posted: January/02/2011 at 10:33
I need to replace the barrel on my BAR.  Does anyone know if it is just a "drop-in" replacement?

thanks...
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 11:20
No, Not a drop in by any means. You have to match the new barrel to yours in respect to when it was made. Measurements and markings have to be done to insure that head space and barrel alignment are correct.
What has prompted the interest in a rebarrel? I have rebarreled my BAR and am very pleased but, it is a project requiring all the tools of a gunsmith.
If I can be of any help let me know.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 12:52
Browning will do it if you send it back to them. 

Midway sells browning barrels, but honestly they are so much just for the barrel you could buy a whole new BAR. 

The work Sgt D did on his is absolutely awesome. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
craSSh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craSSh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2011 at 14:11
The BAR is 308 Safari II that I traded an AR upper for. I don't need to rebarrel it just yet, but in the near future.  The gun shoots good, although it took several attempts to find a good load..... but I was comparing the rifling of the BAR with my other rifles and there is a noticeable difference.

Thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic