OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Leupold VX-R FireDots in-stock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Leupold VX-R FireDots in-stock
    Posted: December/31/2010 at 13:42

Brief video review.

LEUPOLD VX-R

Sleek design with daylight-capable illumination; the Leupold VX R. Patented 1-button design minimizes bulk, while allowing users to select between 8 intensity settings, including a low/high indicator. The readily available CR-2023 coin-cell battery produces remarkable runtimes, while the fiber optic light pipe eliminates the need for an eyepiece-based control module. Proprietary motion sensor automatically deactivates illumination after 5 minutes of inactivity, yet reactivates instantly as soon as any movement is detected.

Leupold’s legendary Index Matched Lens System combines with edge-blackened lead free lenses for astonishing clarity and light transmission, while the extreme fast-focus eyepiece ensures optimal diopter adjustment in the field. The 30mm maintube and finger-click adjustments assure maximum adjustment precision, while the second generation waterproofing resists the effects of thermal shock much more efficiently than standard nitrogen.

Waterproof, shockproof, and backed by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee, the Leupold VX R is the next generation in sporting optics.

Available in the following models:

Edited by Brady - January/08/2011 at 09:40
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2010 at 14:30
Are these VX3 quality glass or something different all together?
grnjeep1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grnjeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2011 at 21:32
I'm really interested in buying the 2-7x33, but there is hardly any info out there about this line. Leupold doesn't even have them on there web site. The best I could get out of Leupold was the glass is better than the VX-II, but not as good as the VX-III. Not exactly sure what that means since I'm not real familiar with Leupold. Anybody with any info on these would be extremely helpful.
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2011 at 21:50
Yes it would! No one any where is talking about them, not even here of all places.
Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2011 at 07:44
I've been waiting for more info on these myself.
moeman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2011 at 00:39
I cant find any info on these scopes.. No articles review or even pics of the reticles...

Any one have better luck figuring these scopes out?

Wonder how the glass ranks in the Leuplod line up.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2011 at 02:17
These scopes are very new, so I doubt you will find any reviews on them just yet.

ILya
moeman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2011 at 12:35
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

These scopes are very new, so I doubt you will find any reviews on them just yet.

ILya

Scopes must be different than cameras, electronics and cars where key writers are given the products before the launch to gain a wave of momentum at the product launch.
atlasman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlasman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2011 at 17:20
The reticle pictures are not showing up..........would like to see what the different ones are.
grnjeep1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grnjeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2011 at 18:07
It's odd that Leupolod does not have these up on their web site. The Leupold rep didn't have much info either.
moeman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 22:08

Geez already!

Can we see the reticles???? Get the weight????

I'm on the fence about buying a scope and want info...
atlasman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlasman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 23:26
Originally posted by moeman moeman wrote:

Geez already!

Can we see the reticles???? Get the weight????

I'm on the fence about buying a scope and want info...

I ordered a 3-9  40mm..........it weighs 15.3 oz and is 12.6" long

I don't want or need a ballistic reticle so if you are looking for just the plain firedot it is the one you see in the review video in original post.

The specs are out there if you look around a bit........haven't seen a site that has the reticles displayed yet though.

I'll post a pic of mine when it comes in if you want.
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 08:00
The new leupold catalog came to my house last night and the VXR's are in there. I just wish it said what level glass is in them
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 09:19
definitely planning on checking at SHOT

Ilya, you going again?

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

grnjeep1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grnjeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 12:36
I would really like your opinion on the glass quality when your scope arrives.
Thanks.
grimreaper21 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimreaper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 15:15
Originally posted by grnjeep1 grnjeep1 wrote:

I'm really interested in buying the 2-7x33, but there is hardly any info out there about this line. Leupold doesn't even have them on there web site. The best I could get out of Leupold was the glass is better than the VX-II, but not as good as the VX-III. Not exactly sure what that means since I'm not real familiar with Leupold. Anybody with any info on these would be extremely helpful.
I think it sounds interesting too, until i realized the Viper in 2-7x is still available, and $300 cheaper.  I can't justify the extra $300 for the firedot.  And if These are slightly worse glass then VX-III, but better than VX-II, they probably fall right in line with the viper in terms of glass quality.
moeman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 17:40
Originally posted by 03mossy 03mossy wrote:

The new leupold catalog came to my house last night and the VXR's are in there. I just wish it said what level glass is in them
Mossy is you can scan the reticle images from the catalog I'll nominate you for cool dude of the day.
grnjeep1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grnjeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 17:40
I would like to know your opinion on the quality of glass when you get your's.
Thanks.
atlasman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlasman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 02:47
Originally posted by grnjeep1 grnjeep1 wrote:

I would like to know your opinion on the quality of glass when you get your's.
Thanks.

I have a Vortex Viper 2-7 coming in as well so I will give you a side by side comparison as well.
grnjeep1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grnjeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 07:04
Perfect! Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic