OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex viper line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mosdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex viper line
    Posted: December/28/2010 at 19:47
Is vortex coming out with a new viper line of scopes.I thought about getting a 4-12x40 but u cant get them anywhere.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2010 at 19:59
mosdawg View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mosdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2010 at 20:23
Nice write up guess ill have to wait to see the prices on the hs.
03mossy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03mossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2010 at 21:12
I'm assuming they will be released at the SHOT show in mid janurary?
BigGameBalls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2010 at 22:20
I'd really like to try one of these Vortex Viper scopes it's just too bad they are really lacking in what they offer. No german #4 retical in a hunting scope is a automatic disqualification in my book. They also dont seem to offer much in the way of magnification choices. It's either a straight tube 1-4 or a 2.5-10. They need something in between.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 10:17
Originally posted by BigGameBalls BigGameBalls wrote:

I'd really like to try one of these Vortex Viper scopes it's just too bad they are really lacking in what they offer. No german #4 retical in a hunting scope is a automatic disqualification in my book. They also dont seem to offer much in the way of magnification choices. It's either a straight tube 1-4 or a 2.5-10. They need something in between.

the c3 versa plex is close enough to a #4 for me
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 10:36
Intresting writeup, Thanks. I'm surprised they are abandoning the 1" size in the viper line.
grimreaper21 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimreaper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 10:43
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

that was in the original viper line, but i don't see it listed in the HS line.
http://swfa.com/Vortex-Viper-HS-Rifle-Scopes-C3481.aspx

Edited by grimreaper21 - December/29/2010 at 10:44
BigGameBalls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGameBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 11:15
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

When I'm spending my hard earned money on something I'm not going to settle for "close enough". How can a company who makes hunting scopes not offer the german #4? I just dont understand why scopes like the 1.5-6x40 are not more popular. It seems like too many people sit at home and dream of shooting deer at 500 yards. In my neck of the woods (Northern MN/WI) a 1.5-6ish scope is ideal and it seems like hardly any of the mid level companies offer them and the ones that do like Burris are discontinuing them.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 13:24
they dont sell
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 15:06
Looks like you'll need to pony up the dough for this one, BigGameBalls:

http://www.samplelist.com/Zeiss-15-6x42-Victory-Diavari-Rifle-Scope-DEMO-B-P1717.aspx

Everything you want.

-Matt
tompac View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 16:17
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Here is what is happening with Vortex Riflescopes in 2011:

ILya

Adding a new scope for 2011. And the 2.5-10x44 is about what I am looking for. Look forward to the reviews. Nothing against the alpha scopes, but for hunting something in the viper class is good enuff for me.
 Are they adding anything to the Razor lineup for 2011?
 I bought a 2-7x32 Viper this year and it is a pretty good scope.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 16:21
Originally posted by tompac tompac wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Here is what is happening with Vortex Riflescopes in 2011:

ILya

Adding a new scope for 2011. And the 2.5-10x44 is about what I am looking for. Look forward to the reviews. Nothing against the alpha scopes, but for hunting something in the viper class is good enuff for me.
 Are they adding anything to the Razor lineup for 2011?
 I bought a 2-7x32 Viper this year and it is a pretty good scope.

I am not aware of any additions to Razor scopes for 2011.

ILya
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2010 at 08:08
Got to thinking about this change and it begs the question: If a few years from now your trusty 1" viper poops the pooch what will they repair/replace it with? I see the same thing looming for the Bushnell 3200's.
royta View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2011 at 10:11
Originally posted by powderburn powderburn wrote:

Got to thinking about this change and it begs the question: If a few years from now your trusty 1" viper poops the pooch what will they repair/replace it with? I see the same thing looming for the Bushnell 3200's.

I personally wouldn't worry about it.  That's Vortex's problem.  From what I have read, Vortex is a company that strives to be the very best in the warranty and customer service department.  Not only do they advertise it, but they also live it.  We're not talking about Burris here.  I'm sure any owners of a 1" tube scope that has failed will be treated very well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic