OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

zeiss conquest vs bushnell elite 4200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zeiss conquest vs bushnell elite 4200
    Posted: December/05/2005 at 17:57

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this decision.  I am looking at putting either a conquest or elite with firefly on my 270.  i was going to go with 3x9x40 magnification.  i was wondering which one is the better of the two as far as optics and reliablilty are concerned.  any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks

bob-o

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2005 at 18:19

I like both, but would take the Conquest.

The Firefly reticle doesn't really appeal to me, but some others like them.

Welcome to OT, Bob-o!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2005 at 19:46
To be in the same arena as the Coquest, you will have to go with the 4200 Elite in the 2.5-10x40. The Elite is unique to all others in that it has the Rainguard lens coatings and the FireFly reticle that you are already aware of. Some folks like the Conquest over the Elite. I like the Elite over most scopes that I have used. The Conquest is a couple of hundred bucks more that a comparative Elite. Either scope is an excellent choice.
longwinters View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longwinters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2005 at 21:12

I have both.  From my own experience I would take the Conquest on all counts.  The only thing I think the 4200 has over the Conquest is the rain guard.

Long

Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2005 at 21:54

I have both scopes.  Both scopes are awsome, in their own right.  During daylight hours I on a clear day I could not really tell any difference in optics.  When the sun when down and it was getting dark the Zeiss pulled in a little bit more light.  Both scopes will allow a shooter plenty of oppertunity to hunt well past normal hunting hours but the Zeiss is slightly better.

If you have the money go with the Zeiss but if you can't quite afford it, the Bushnell 4200 is a GREAT scope.

Edited by Acenturian
If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2005 at 02:20

I use the Conquest.  But, I would not hesitate to use a 4200.

ranburr

Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2005 at 08:26
Conquest.
Gunshow75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunshow75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2005 at 13:24
I use a Conquest.  In addition to the comments already posted, IMO the Conquest seems to have a bit better resolution and color fidelity.  A 270 Win isn't likely to punish you with it's recoil, but the Conquest has a little more eye relief.

Tom

Bob-o View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2005 at 10:46

Thanks for all of your replys.  As soon as I make a decision I'll let you guys know.  The one thing that I do know is that I am going to get it from riflescopes.com.  From all of the post that i have read in this forum it sounds like you cant find better customer service anywhere.

Bob-o

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic