OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold VXll Repair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsethmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold VXll Repair?
    Posted: December/04/2005 at 21:11
Has anyone had the difficulty I am having with herewith a VXll, mine is around 10, 11 yrs old but it has been this way for awhile.  My power adjustment ring is very hard to turn, especially when it is cold outside it would take a pair of vicegrips to turn it.  Another question is what did Leupold do to repair it?  Thx
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2005 at 06:32
Send it back to Leupold, my friend.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
petertt View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petertt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2006 at 15:27
scopes do not work in -32f to +45F temp. and the rifle as well.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2006 at 20:21

Send it back to Leupold.  They charged you a healthy premium for their customer service when you bought the scope.  Use it.

ILya

martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2006 at 21:10
Thank You..Somebody else with the same issue. I had bought 2 VX II 's , one a 2x7 and the other in 3x9 ( one for each of my son's rifles). Both scopes were next to impossible to adjust their power rings. I have 2 VX III's in 2.5x8 that weren't near as hard to adjust, although nowhere as easy as most other brands. I sent both scopes to Leupold, and received them back a few weeks later, each supposedly repaired---naah. Neither was any better, and now are serving someone else after I sold them. good luck with servicing them..........

Edited by martin3175
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic