OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Recoil with polymer handguns?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2010 at 17:43
Thanks again for bringing it up! I enjoy hearing differences like that.

Not sure if you've ever checked it out, but the website i used for data is:

http://www.genitron.com/HandgunDB/DB-Stats-Ranks.asp

You can filter any type of round, pistol/revolver combination and it also brings up categories like conceal ability, power factor, and recoil factor. Pretty neat site.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2010 at 17:49
That is a cool site.  Excellent
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
OVERK!LL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OVERK!LL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2010 at 19:28
Yeah Ive heard of slide bite but never seen it. I let a friend of mine shoot the XD once and he had his thumb directly behind the slide when he fired... It didnt break his thumb and he didnt drop the gun but I felt bad for not explaining that the top of the gun was going to slam back. I thought everybody knew that but his closest thing to live fire was video games... Almost as scary as my first experience with da/sa triggers. First round fired was da and I missed the target so I walked closer, while walking I still had my finger in the trigger gaurd muzzle towards the ground, BOOOM, hole in the dirt 5inches from my right foot. Not a mistake I will ever make again. Nobody else even noticed but I was awfully red cheeked.
Now back to recoil... Hows the Glock 30 feel under recoil?
OILFIELD TRASH!!!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2010 at 22:11
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

The M&P recoil stung my trigger finger like a mother.  Not sure why, but that trigger really got me.

I remember now that you had told me that when I bought my M&P.  I didn't have that experience with the gun and after all these months I had forgotten that you had said that. 

I did shoot a fella's S&W Sigma last year ....a 9mm.  Had a 17 shot clip.  I didn't think that darn thing was ever gonna get "finished" because it was jumping and snapping upwards all over the place!  I didn't like it.  Also, the Sigma stovepiped and had about four failures to feed during maybe 200 rounds that day!!!  I liked my M&P infinitely better.   

Edited by Ed Connelly - December/27/2010 at 22:17
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2010 at 10:49
Oh My God - lets just run down to mamby pamby land and ..............

Felt recoil is reduced by the weight of the firearm.
Obviously a prime cantidate to shoot my 45-70 encore pistol then there would be a lot less wining about the feel of the recoil of these.  When you take a service type cartirdge like 45acp and put it in a lightweight compact pistol you are going to experience more recoild and often reduced accuracy.  When you take a 45acp and put it in a heavy stainless Sig P220 or all steel govt model 1911 the recoil will feel significantly reduced and the time it takes to get back on target is reduced.   You have a trade off - (carry it a lot / shoot it a little)  pistols that are light compact and carry easily or a full size pistol like a 1911 Govt model or the Sig P220 stainless which is quit heavy but better for accurate shooting. The full size Glock 21 SF is a compromise lots of bullets service lenth barrel better accuracy less recoil than a G30.   By the way if you cant get the job done with the first 8 rounds out of a 1911 carry an extra magazine and learn to change magazines 10 to 13 bullets wont serve you any purpose besides making the grip wider and less comfortable.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2010 at 14:28
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Oh My God - lets just run down to mamby pamby land and ..............

By the way if you cant get the job done with the first 8 rounds out of a 1911 carry an extra magazine and learn to change magazines 10 to 13 bullets wont serve you any purpose besides making the grip wider and less comfortable.

Excellent +1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic