OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CZ 452 FS 22Mag dovetail base for?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluedsteelnwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CZ 452 FS 22Mag dovetail base for?
    Posted: December/20/2010 at 20:44
Trying to decide what make dovetail base to use for my new CZ 452 FS 22Mag, which according to CZ uses a 3/8" base. Cost of base is not an issue as I rather buy once than twice, so far have considered a BKL 200 series or Leoupold Rifleman rimfire base. Also was going to use a Redfield 2-7x33 Revolution for a scope, but would like to know if there is a more compact scope say a fixed power(4X),that would look good in terms of demension to the stock. Any suggestions?.
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2010 at 02:20
Originally posted by bluedsteelnwood bluedsteelnwood wrote:

Trying to decide what make dovetail base to use for my new CZ 452 FS 22Mag, which according to CZ uses a 3/8" base. Cost of base is not an issue as I rather buy once than twice, so far have considered a BKL 200 series or Leoupold Rifleman rimfire base. Also was going to use a Redfield 2-7x33 Revolution for a scope, but would like to know if there is a more compact scope say a fixed power(4X),that would look good in terms of demension to the stock. Any suggestions?.

I think what you meant to say was..."I'm trying to decide what make of rings to put on my new CZ 452 FS 22Mag..." as there's a dovetail milled on to the top of the receiver on your CZ452 FS rifle, on to which to attach scope rings direct to. (and anyway, there's no screwholes on top to attach scope bases to).

I suggest you have a look at getting a pair of (matte medium) Warne Rimfire Rings for your CZ as these are quality rings that fit both dovetail sizes that come on CZ rimfires (3/8 and 11mm).

In answer to your other question about scope choice, I suggest having a good look at a scope from Weavers Classic Rimfire line of scopes (such as the fixed 4x28) as these are a great choice as they are inexpensive, "Made in Japan" and the glass in the scope is fully multi-coated.

Those 2 choices above are what i've got on my CZ452 Lux, which I am a proud owner of. I've also got a Weaver CR 4x28 scope on my Savage Mark II as well.

The only downside of attaching a scope to a CZ452 FS or a CZ452 Lux is that you may (or may not) have to remove the rear sight to be able to fit the scope and rings to the rifle. I've seen at lot of CZ rimfire rifles where the owners had to remove the rear sight to get a scope on to the rifle but I fortunately didn't have to with mine.

Over to you.

John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
bluedsteelnwood View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluedsteelnwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2010 at 07:59
Thank you for clearing up my mistake around stating what type of dovetail 3/8" base/ring needed for my 452 FS 22mag. Your suggestion is a good one and I will take in mind your scope suggestion also and the need perhaps for a high ring to clear the sights.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2010 at 14:50
Hey blued steelnwood,  i dont' know if your interested or not but I have a set of rings for sale that will fit your gun,  I'll PM you the details.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 01:52
Originally posted by bluedsteelnwood bluedsteelnwood wrote:

Thank you for clearing up my mistake around stating what type of dovetail 3/8" base/ring needed for my 452 FS 22mag. Your suggestion is a good one and I will take in mind your scope suggestion also and the need perhaps for a high ring to clear the sights.

I've got matte MEDIUM rings on my CZ452. The way i've got the Weaver scope, it's just compact enough to be just behind the rear sight.

John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 16:34
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 22:06
Exactly where mine is!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic