OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

was it the scope or just my eyes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlawskinnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: was it the scope or just my eyes?
    Posted: December/17/2010 at 17:38
hey now.

tonight i was at an outdoor/gun shop looking at some scopes and i saw they got in the monarch 1-4x20 african with #4 reticle...this is the only monarch scope ive ever thought to be worth it. i was so excited...so i took a look at it...

when i went from 1x to 2x i had to refocus the scope, when i went from 2x to 3x i had to refocus the scope again. if i didnt re focus it wasnt the end of the world, just i was able to tell something wasnt right. from 3 to 4 was no problem.

is this something thats common with low mag scopes? are my eyes just being stupid? is it that particular model?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2010 at 17:43
I have a Trijicon 1-4x and a Sightron 1.25-5x and they do not have that problem. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
outlawskinnyd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlawskinnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2010 at 18:14
how do you like the big sky sightron? is it a tough scope? hows the glass on it?
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2010 at 18:17

I typically focus my scopes at max magnification, and then they are good from there down. When you got it focused at 4x, was it good when dialed back down?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
outlawskinnyd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlawskinnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2010 at 18:30
to be honest i didnt do that. im so used to leaving my scope at 4x or 6x that i just focus on one of those two. 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2010 at 18:46
I like the sightron alot actually.  The glass is similar to the Trijicon, the reticle is a little thin is the downside.  It seems very strong, I had it on my 45-70 for a while and it held up just fine.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
WestOfPecos View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestOfPecos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2010 at 23:05
Must have been a bad copy. Monarch is a good scope line.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2010 at 21:27
At what distance were you viewing?  Focus becomes very critical when viewing objects at extreme close distance.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
demo_slug View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demo_slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2010 at 22:05
outlawskinnyd

are you talking about the reticle focus? I really don't think the african has a focus/paralax adjustment.

if you are talking about the reticle focus, then the distance of the object you are looking at will affect that. your eye will do the focusing to what you are looking at. trying looking at stuff thats 50yard away or further, or try keeping your focus on the reticle. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic