OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Montana Highway Patrol Officer killed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Montana Highway Patrol Officer killed.
    Posted: December/01/2010 at 20:30
A few hours ago, in a little town 30 miles from Bozeman, we lost a trooper in the line of duty.  Be praying for his family.

I am guessing the suspect may not live too long when they find him.  
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2010 at 21:44
Roger That.  Sad, a lot of these young guys dont know how dangerous it really is when you put on the uniform because people you dont know will direct all their hostility toward government directed toward you.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2010 at 05:47
your in montana to make it worse, being shot in montana as a cop is odd.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2010 at 06:04

23 years old.  Unbelievable.  

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2010 at 07:24
Hope that waste of skin who shot him chooses suicide by cop - willingly or not.
God save the Empire!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2010 at 07:41
The way the world is going and the asshats in the media, they will portray any "suicide by cop" as retaliation and the cops where wrong and crap like that..........  I am still and eye for an eye guy, I don't care if I go blind, apparently it will make me like tascos.
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2010 at 09:34
This is sad. I too believe in an eye for an eye as well. We recently just had the annual anniversary for the 4 Lakewood cops that were shot and killed in a coffee shop, and their fellow officers had the shoot on site order. That's how it needs to be with this guy. The first officer that saw the scum that shot those cops wasted no time pulling the trigger, and neither should this young mans fellow state troopers.
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2010 at 15:50
It always hurts to loose a brother, no matter what his age or where he works. I hate the phrase "routine traffic stop", because there is no such thing.
Prayers sent.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2010 at 22:13
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

It always hurts to loose a brother, no matter what his age or where he works. I hate the phrase "routine traffic stop", because there is no such thing.
Prayers sent.
+1
OVERK!LL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OVERK!LL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2010 at 03:03
Just last week I seen the video of the dancing Vietnam vet who used a rifle to gun down a highway patrolman. I keep wondering, do they have armor on? I realise soft armor isnt going to stop rifle rounds but do they even have access to a vest? Is there some sort of low profile plate carrier that could be worn under their uniforms? Or is body armor just too expensive and hindering to wear on patrol? I know absolutely nothing about these types of things but is there any way to keep todays police officers safe(r)?

OILFIELD TRASH!!!
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2010 at 06:54
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

The way the world is going and the asshats in the media, they will portray any "suicide by cop" as retaliation and the cops where wrong and crap like that..........  I am still and eye for an eye guy, I don't care if I go blind, apparently it will make me like tascos.
Laugh

Not to detract from the original content of this post.  ALL forms of public safety officers need more support.  The general everyday sheep (public) have no clue what these people deal with and they probably don't want to know.  If you want a real eye opener go out for a ride-along with a officer.  Scared the H@ll out of me.

Edited by scooter65 - December/03/2010 at 06:59
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2010 at 10:55
23 Years old, he was just a kid from a nice family wanting to do the next right thing in the world by being a  Policeman... I too find it very sad to see his kind lost for no reason....
   I also think things (laws) need to change. The guy who did this needs to be hunted down and shot... Same thing goes with men or women who commit other serious crimes, hunt em down and shoot em...One of my customers is from Germany (west) and she says its gotten so bad there that one has to protect there children ALL the time from the predators who come in from Poland and Russia... They abduct the kids, boys and girls and take them back to these other countries where they cannot be found and sell them as sex slaves and prostituion....My customers German husband is Special Forces and wants to be allowed to hunt these basturds down and kill them on the spot.. The Russian and Polish mafia are very nasty people and should be dealt with the same way......Point being, its getting worse and worse all over the planet....I feel bad for this Policemans Family most of all....
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2010 at 16:54
I picked up the paper the other morning off the porch and saw that story. Hard to believe that it happened. They found the shooter dead about 30 miles north of there...not sure yet whether he was wounded by the trooper (although there was evidence of shots exchanged back at the original scene). Sounds like the shooter finished himself off though. It's sad because that kid was only 23 and from what I've read everyone says he was a great guy.
Reaction time is a factor...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic