OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

3x9ss vs 6x42ss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troweler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3x9ss vs 6x42ss
    Posted: November/24/2010 at 10:09
I need a little info and I know this to be the very best place to get it. The answer will most likely be subjective but "opinins" are good enough for me. I really respect the opinions expressed here. One or two answers here from most individuals are worth a hundred at other places. My question is how much difference is there in the quality of the glass between the two? I am a deer and hog hunter and 99.9% of my shots are under 200 yards but sometimes I try a hog as far as 400 to 450. I have a 3x9ss that is just about perfect for what I do but I need another scope. Do most of you think I would be satisfied with the 6x42ss or am I already corrupted by the quality of the 3x9ss glass?
Atheism is a temporary condition. TRUTH, like gravity will not be altered by what we believe.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2010 at 10:11
It is noticeably better.  I hate using lesser scopes after I am used to a nice one.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2010 at 10:12
You are already corrupted! Welcome to the dark side! Devil

On a side note, yes, the glass in the 3-9 is superior.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2010 at 10:17
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

You are already corrupted! Welcome to the dark side! Devil

On a side note, yes, the glass in the 3-9 is superior.

agreed.  I love the 3-9SS.  Eventually I will more than likely run only higher tiered SS's on my guns as long as they make one that will fit the bill of the rifles purpose
Sapper524 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapper524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2010 at 20:57

Ill put it like this ... I can't afford USO SN3's on all my rifles so the ones that don't get USO get SS 3-9 FFP or 10x HD ... couple exceptions with 22LR and specific hunting rigs.  Stick with the 3-9 FFP its a lot of optic for the cost.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic