OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trying to balance glass quality and magnification
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trying to balance glass quality and magnification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2010 at 13:32
Originally posted by CALL911 CALL911 wrote:

however when aiming at smaller targets further out than 300 yards, I am finding that it is almost too small even when zoomed completely in at 24X's for my liking.

Out of curiosity, what sort of targets are you shooting at?  Anyway, I'll echo what others have said about glass quality.  20X, 24X, is really a lot when you have good glass.

The best glass I've tested near your price range is the Weaver Tactical 4-20X50.    http://swfa.com/Weaver-4-20x50-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P40579.aspx .  That'll probably surprise some people but yes, the glass on them really is that good.   I've used mine for 1000+ yd shooting quite a bit now and you need some pretty small targets before you'd find it lacking.
grimreaper21 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimreaper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2010 at 14:38
just took my viper out today at 20x and i was able to see almost to what i would estimate is around a mile away.
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2010 at 11:45
Thanks supertool for the input as that was what I was looking for. I don't mean any offense on here, but I am trying to decide between these two bushnells now, so really just trying to get more info on both or either of them.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2010 at 21:25
6-24x would be my pick
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
CALL911 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CALL911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2010 at 21:33
Yeah, I think I am leaning towards the 6-24X50 as you mentioned as the 40mm objective of the other optic would not be as good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic