OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scoping old Western Field?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samg566 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scoping old Western Field?
    Posted: November/15/2010 at 00:25
I was wondering if anybody can tell me where to get a scope base for an late 60's Ward's Western Field M830/ Mossberg 340K.  Numrich sells a side mount base, but mine has the grooved top instead of the side 2 screws.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to  have holes drilled and tapped in the top.  The rifle is worth almost nothing but has a sentimental value to me.  It is for my grandson.  Gotta start somewhere.  Thanks
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 07:08
If its groved you should be able to just apply some rings straight to it.  Is it an 11mm grove or larger? 
samg566 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samg566 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 19:24
SVT_Tactical, thanks for responding. The "clip over" measurement is is 11.82 mm( from inside of one groove to the inside of the other).  The measurement from the inside of the grooves is 10.42mm.(bottom of the "V" to the bottom of the other)   If this doesn't make sense say so.  Thanks
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 19:33
These may work. 
Weaver Quad Lock .22 1
Weaver Quad Lock .22 1" Rings
Stock # - 49053
  • Matte
  • For 3/8" Grooved Receiver
$9.95 
or if you want Burris, these
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2010 at 20:36
It's a regular American grooved top 22.  Any of the standard 22 rimfire ringmounts will work for grooved receivers.  
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic