OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bushnell Trophy XLT Camo vs Simmons Prosport Camo
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Trophy XLT Camo vs Simmons Prosport Camo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tidmarshsmiths5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Trophy XLT Camo vs Simmons Prosport Camo
    Posted: November/14/2010 at 15:56
What's the best working man's scope in camo out there?

Brother just bought a Simmons ProSport (his son had to have a camo scope)...3x9x40.

Would they have been better with a Trophy XLT in camo or a Nikon Prostaff in camo?

Has anyone used either and which would you buy and use and why or is there a better choice out there? Keep in mind, nothing over $200.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2010 at 19:17
I have actually used all 3 of those at one time or another and to my eyes, the nikon prostaff was the better scope.....your mileage may vary!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
tidmarshsmiths5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tidmarshsmiths5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 18:44
The Simmons worked well...nephew hit a doe at 500 yards with both eyes closed shooting backwards...haha...he did take a neck shot (40 yards) and was about 10 minutes past official sunset; we can legally shoot 1 hour past and one hour before here.  I'm here to tell you that at 5:45 my Nikon Team Primos was done...thick thick thick stuff and when I got back to the road at 6PM, I maybe could've but I wouldn't have...just not enough light for me (I'm thinking I really need glasses at this point).

So, tomorrow, just for kicks and giggles I'm going to go look and compare the Nikon to the Bushnell (take them outside and look through them).  I'm prejudiced in my mind that the Nikon ProStaff will be very clear and crisp, but I'm wondering if the Bushnell Trophy will seem brighter after the sun goes down?

I'm still torn most days as to which is brighter...my Burris's or my Team Primos...I do miss the field of view that cheap old Simmons 8pt gave my 30-06 (the Nikon is mounted further forward than I like).

I'll buy one of them camo scopes for my 10 year old, but I think I'm asking for a Conquest for my birthday...I need to really see if they are that much better than the Team Primos and the Burris's before I do.  I like Bang for my Buck!

Yep, I highjacked my own thread. Big Grin

tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 18:54
If you like bang for your buck that conquest is gonna be hard to beat! you should also look at the vortex vipers that are on sale at swfa right now... now, theres you some bang for the buck!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
tidmarshsmiths5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tidmarshsmiths5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 19:24
Okay...I'm intrigued...I have not completed any research on the Vortex Scopes.

What makes them so good?  Who makes them, light transmission, durability, field of view, mounting length, etc.?

I've done a little reading on them, but I've seen mixed reports...great scope, but not the best value out there when compared to a Burris, a Nikon Buckmaster...when you look through yours, what are they on par with?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic