OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

H-S Precision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H-S Precision
    Posted: November/12/2010 at 12:06
So most of you know I had my stock sent back to H-S to have some work done. They told me over the phone that it would be a three day turnaround, no inclination of it taking any longer, saying they were backed up etc. My stock arrived last thursday morning, the 4th, and here it is the 12th, and I still haven't gotten any information. I called on tuesday and they said it would be finished and shipped either Wednesday night, or Thursday morning. Do I have the right to be pissed off with their service?
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2010 at 12:10

Depends on how bad you need it.  I would be a little upset being its taking longer but they are one of the top stock maker and they may have gotten busy I think I'd ask for them to upgrade your return shipping on them so you'd have it back no later than Friday if you needed it though 

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2010 at 12:20
Mike, I can understand your anxiety about your stock, but don't upset your self.  If it's there on the 12th, all is good.  If it doesn't show up, then I'd say you have reason to worry.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2010 at 21:29
So I called again on Friday, and it seemed that those guys took off early. Tomorrow they will get a call, hopefully they will have an answer. And some free upgraded shipping.

GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2010 at 23:10
That just ain't right Mike, but hang in there and don't lose your cool, and I'm sure things will work out, hope you get it back soon and it's all you hoped for.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 00:06
Originally posted by GetSome GetSome wrote:

That just ain't right Mike, but hang in there and don't lose your cool, and I'm sure things will work out, hope you get it back soon and it's all you hoped for.

+1

I'm not trying to make excuses for them but it's hunting season and like many hunting related businesses this time of year their probably very busy with last minute or urgent requests.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 00:07
Mike, you sound like me! If some-one said this or that, I too expect this or that, or a phonecall to say it is now something else.
Be pissed, very pissed.....Devil
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 00:08
Roll on Floor Laughing
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 19:30
Just remember, before you fire off that they still have your stock and can control when you get it back. Be nice and sweet. Then nail them hard on every forum if you really feel like you have a legitimate complaint. Be fair if you want anyone to pay attention. To much and you can look bad yourself. Ask yourself if you have ever been late.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 20:02
+1
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2010 at 21:04
perfection takes time.Wink
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 08:57

Quality isn't expensive, it's priceless.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 12:01
That's nothing compared to hearing that your wife's late. There goes the shooting budget.

Maybe they're out hunting too. I called them once because I stripped the head of an action screw on a Remington that came already equipped with an H-S stock. They didn't hesitate to send out a new set of screws, at no cost to me. I'd call again and explain that you had no indication from them that it would be delayed and that they've already slipped on their promises once (or was it twice?). Anyway, if they have a good attitude and are smart about it they will bend over backwards to make you happy. If not, wait 'til you're stock's back and fire away.
Reaction time is a factor...
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 20:23
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

That's nothing compared to hearing that your wife's late. There goes the shooting budget.

Maybe they're out hunting too. I called them once because I stripped the head of an action screw on a Remington that came already equipped with an H-S stock. They didn't hesitate to send out a new set of screws, at no cost to me. I'd call again and explain that you had no indication from them that it would be delayed and that they've already slipped on their promises once (or was it twice?). Anyway, if they have a good attitude and are smart about it they will bend over backwards to make you happy. If not, wait 'til you're stock's back and fire away.

that didnt just happen to you did it??Shocked
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 20:38
No, no, no! I'm done with that. My problem is having just bought one house and not having yet closed on the sale of our old house. I can't even buy a kleenex without getting flak over it.
Reaction time is a factor...
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2010 at 00:18
Well I finally got ahold of them yesterday, Monday, and Kent explained to me that during his final inspection found that the Limbsaver had pores. They took if off and replaced it again. Kent said he meant to call me and tell me. He shipped it yesterday, and upgraded my shipping. It should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I hope it is as good as he says it was. Friday range time, and a range report. Now its time for Sons of Anarchy Cool

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2010 at 02:18
Nothing like a good ol' telephone call. My favourite line to company's who never phone or return a call is "Your telephone account must be zero each month" To which they usually ask "Why" , then I reply "Because you do not know how to use it".

I even left instructions for one company how to use that thing on his desk, with a cable that goes to the wall and has numbers on it. He picks up the handle, then he must press the numbers in sequence as per my no, then wait when he hears brr brr, then he will hear my voice and if he speaks , then I will be able to hear him! He was not impressed, but actually phoned me.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2010 at 07:38
Good going Wouter!  I have found that having a sense of humor when pissed helps alot!!!  You can get your point across and embarass them into action easier than you can slinging insults and threats and bitchin!!!!Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic