OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Burris Fullfield II Electro Dot vs Zeiss Conquest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Fullfield II Electro Dot vs Zeiss Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tntxfour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Fullfield II Electro Dot vs Zeiss Conquest
    Posted: November/09/2010 at 14:11

Ok.  I had a previous thread where you guys have talked me out of a cheap scope!  Thanks!  I agree with the buy right, cry once concept!

Anyway, this will be for a 30/06 hunting rifle.  I want a 3x9 power and would like an illuminated recticle.   I was seriously considering the Bushnell firefly, but it has mixed reviews and Bushnell seems to have a questionable warranty.  

I would love to have a Trijicon Accupoint, but it is a bit out of my price range.  How does the Burris Electro dot compare?  I see it has a 5 year warranty on the electronics.  Does anyone have any first hand experience? 

Finally, the Zeiss Conquest at $399 is frequently suggested.  How would this compare to the Burris?  If the glass is that good on the Conquest, do I really need an illuminated recticle?

Thanks in advance.  You guys are great!
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2010 at 14:31
For deer hunting I don't think an ill reticle is required
I have had a few of the Burris ill reticle scopes, all have failed (electronics)
I would take a Conquest over one anyday, the better glass and a bold reticle would trump the ill reticle and so so glass of the FF2

If you can swing an Accupoint 3-9 mildot with a green dot that is to me the best overall hunting scope factoring in price for performance.  You can get better but you will pay a LOT more for it.

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

tntxfour View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tntxfour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2010 at 16:04
Thanks for the reply.  That is what I was afraid of with the Burris. 

Would love to have an Accupoint but he wife would kill me.  How does the Vortex Viper compare to the Zeiss Conquest? 
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2010 at 08:26
Originally posted by tntxfour tntxfour wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  That is what I was afraid of with the Burris. 

Would love to have an Accupoint but he wife would kill me.  How does the Vortex Viper compare to the Zeiss Conquest? 
Conquest is brighter and cleaner picture from my experience with those two
grimreaper21 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimreaper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2010 at 08:42
But keep in mind the clearance price of the viper. Yes the conquest is great see if you can find one to look through at a local store. I think the illum. Reticle is just to make up for bad scopes , at least on the cheap stuff (BSA ncstar etc)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic