OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Not a fancy sling.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not a fancy sling.
    Posted: November/07/2010 at 19:36
But looking for a sling for the Sendero that'll work well with a sand colored stock, and harris bipods. doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles, but has to be durable and work well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2010 at 21:29
Tab Gear
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 13:33
If you are looking for a basic carry sling, the Wilderness offers their basic carry sling in coyote color.
Doug
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 14:00
Most slings should work with your Harris bipod as long as they're come with the standard sized sling swivels or will attach to your swivels that are currently connected the the bipod.

I use a tan colored Browning sling with my Harris bipod.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/accessories/detail.asp?value=010J&cat_id=122&type_id=189A&content=x-cellerator%E2%84%A2-slings-tan-shooting-accessories

It's nothing fancy and may be not the most comfortable to use but then again I'm not shouldering my rifle that much when hunting. When walking it's usually in one hand or both hands ( other times it's cradled across my body in one hand, or resting on a shoulder). You never know when your going to jump one.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 17:31
Yeah I'm not worried too much about looks or comfort, just something that will help me when I move from the truck to my set-up places and something like Mike650 said, something that'll get off my shoulder quick and onto a deer.

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 18:22
The Wilderness carry is what I use on several rifles and shotguns. The coyote color should look pretty good on that great looking stock you have.
The Wilderness also comes with the excellent Quake Hush Stalker swivels. I have found them to be far more quiet than any of the Uncle Mikes and clones.
Doug
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 18:25
I think that ones going to be my next purchase, the Wilderness. I like that one alot. Thanks Tahqua!

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 18:32
I also forgot to mention that the synthetic webbing is not the average weight. It is a heavy duty unit that will take a beating.
The reason I started using them was I already was using their Instructor Belts and the Giles Tactical Sling on an AR. It is good stuff and I hope you are satisfied......Good Luck
Doug
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 19:09
LRSMike, I just saw the pics of the new stock on your Sendero.

Looks great!!! Big Smile

Doug's suggestion looks good too, I never hear of the company until today but the sling looks basic and strong much like the one I use plus it has the quieter swivels.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 19:12
Haha thanks Mike, but its still the original stock. They just sanded it down, repainted and rewebbed it for me while installing the Limbsaver and replacing the older swivel studs for stainless ones.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 19:17
Looks like they did a good job, I would have never known.
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 19:27
I was a little disappointed with the time that it took from what they told me, but once I saw it, I was absolutely happy with the job they had done. Absolutely top notch job, not even a nick or scratch in the finish whatsoever, and the Limbsaver was absolutely flush without any tears, burrs, or anything. The only thing wrong with it is that there is a little spot underneath the barrel that I could probably get some stainless steel polish and get rid of, and a part right next to the bolt handle that has a nick, but I'm planning on sending the action in when I get to Louisiana to have Louisiana Precision do a receiver blueprint, which should make it look all brand new. But those have absolutely no issue with the overall looks or mechanics of the weapon whatsoever.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 19:34
If it's anything like the old Sendero (first model) I'd save your money you don't need to do anything to it. Their real tack drivers out of the box. I had a 7mm and my cousin still has his 7mm RUM. The only downside to me was the weight. I had two 7mm at the time so I sold the Sendero, bad move. 
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 19:39
Yeah, but I'd like to have those burrs on the bolt removed, and I'm in no position to really do it myself. I'll take pictures of it tonight, and throw it on a new thread to see if its something I can do myself.

LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2010 at 19:50
I tried taking photos of it, it just wouldn't turn out right. Its right where when you slide the bolt back into the receiver, the angle cut on the receiver that mates up with the bolt when you rotate it down into the locked position. It's nothing big, and I'm thinking its just from being used, I would just like it gone.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic