OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sunshade for Swarovski Z6i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dysert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunshade for Swarovski Z6i
    Posted: November/05/2010 at 21:39
I am looking for a sunshade for a Swarovski Z6i 3-18x50 SR BT. I am told the Swarovski does not make them any more. I frequently hunt in the rain and need about 2 additional inches of coverage. Any ideas?
Guesty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2011 at 02:58
Originally posted by dysert dysert wrote:

I am looking for a sunshade for a Swarovski Z6i 3-18x50 SR BT. I am told the Swarovski does not make them any more. I frequently hunt in the rain and need about 2 additional inches of coverage. Any ideas?

Did you ever find a sunshade?
I have the same scope and need one too. I have fitted a front Butler Creek cover, but sunlight can still fall directly onto the objective and spoil the optical quality.
BTW, the sunshade for the older model PV 4-16x50 does not fit.
dysert View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dysert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2011 at 12:35
I have not found a sunshade.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2011 at 14:35
For rainy days your better off not using a sun shade and just using butler creeks, etc. If you hunting in very sunny areas like we do then you'd be better served with a sun shade. 

My z6 sun shade comes off in extreme low light and rain situations.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2011 at 17:20
Can anybody believe the stones on some of these high end companies? I have the exact same problem with my Zeiss Victory Diavai FL 4-16x50,I've called & complained but to no avail.These are $2.5 K scopes we're talking about....WHAT THE HELLLoco
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic