OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Special round of Golf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special round of Golf
    Posted: November/03/2010 at 21:12
So my wife and I went and played a round of golf in Snoqualmie, WA today, and after the round on our way home we encountered a massive herd of elk. By massive I mean over 200 elk in a very small area. It was amazing but we both failed to bring a camera, but what a sight!
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 21:53

Im familiar with the area Ive been over Snoqualmie Pass a lot of times.  Lots of Elk in Wa but the mountains are really rugged so its hard hunting. If you will be in WA any length of time I can tell you some really cool places to visit on the Olympic Peninsula like Salt Creek just north of Port Angeles.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 22:12
+1 on the Olympic Peninsula... Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 22:19
Yeah I've been here for two years now. Seen St Helens, been up to Rainier countless times, been to Snoqualmie Falls, Ocean Shores, Port Ludlow, Yakima and currently live in Olympia. But that sad and awesome news is I'll be in Louisiana in January because of a PCS. I'll miss the beauty of this state, but I'll be relieved to be back in the south again.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 23:08
Seeing that many elk at one time must have been awesome!!

I may have seen one or two of thise places you listed...  Big Grin  Going to the Peninsula, the San Juan Islands and fishing for steelhead on the Skykomish river were some of my favorite things to do up there.

I lived in the "U" District for almost a year while working in Seattle and surrounding areas. Very beautiful country and lots to do. It just rained a little too much for me, I got out before I grew webbed feet. I do go back every once in awhile for work and to visit close family that live on Mercer Island. Go Thunderbirds!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 07:24
did you hit any with golf balls?

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 09:12
Haha no I didn't, they were about a half mile from the golf course. I did do some damage to the trees though.

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 09:13
Originally posted by LRSMike LRSMike wrote:

Haha no I didn't, they were about a half mile from the golf course. I did do some damage to the trees though.
LOL you know the tought ran thru your mind on giving it a try. you must play like I do. if it goes right its a slice, if it goes left its a hook, if it goes straight its a miracle...

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2010 at 01:59
Sound like the old guy who played golf. With his ailing eyesight he kept on losing his ball. So he took along his mate who has excellent eyesight but suffers a bit from memory loss. So he smacks the ball and hooks it a bit into the rough. So they walk down the fairway, but end up looking all over for the ball. I thought you said you had good eyesight, wailed the guy!! I did see where it went, replied his mate, but I forgot where it is!!!
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2010 at 02:05
The same old guy was teeing off one day when a youngster asked to join him. So off they went, the old man teeing short but straight down the fairway, the youngster ripping with monstrous drives of youth. After a while the youngster starts getting cocky and says to the old man after another big tee shot, well for you another two shots to the green, but for me just a wedge. So they carry on, till the youngsters tee shot ends up with a tall tree blocking his shot to the green. He gets there, takes out a 6 iron to chip past the tree. The old man murmurs...when I was your age I landed behind the same tree. I took a wedge and went straight over the tree. The youngster stops, takes out the wedge and knocks the ball straight into the top of the tree. Of course, continues the old man... when I was your age the tree was only a sapling!!!!

Edited by 8shots - November/06/2010 at 02:07
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic