OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Acog or eotech?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acog or eotech?
    Posted: November/03/2010 at 20:02
Having a hard time figuring out which one I'd rather have. Both look bad a but don't know which one would be more useful
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 20:20
I like ACOG's can do a bit better at distance with them than the EoTech
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 20:30
Get a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x.  You kinda have the both of then that way.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 21:19
I didn't like the "tunnel vision" in the ACOG. I REALLY like my EOTech model 512. Very quick to bring up to point.
As for distance, I didn't buy the sight for it, but rather as a close-in defensive tool ( sub 75 yds ) .

This is a subject in which you will receive many varied replies, everyone likes something different and for different reasons. 
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 22:02
Originally posted by HuntMaster HuntMaster wrote:

I didn't like the "tunnel vision" in the ACOG. I REALLY like my EOTech model 512. Very quick to bring up to point.
As for distance, I didn't buy the sight for it, but rather as a close-in defensive tool ( sub 75 yds ) .

This is a subject in which you will receive many varied replies, everyone likes something different and for different reasons. 

I really like my EOTech model 512 as well.  Thunbs Up
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 22:14
Ya I got a 512 as well, I thought I'd rather have the acog and was about to sell the eotech but I'm having second thoughts
Yak View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 22:32
What is the role of the weapon you plan to use the ACOG or EOTech on?
"Both of you peckerwood's can KMFA!!!" ~ Ceska
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 07:12
Zombie killin, coon killin, possibly hog control and just plinkin
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 08:50
if using at a distance and especially in low light, night time use
ACOG

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 08:57
What about one of these
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 09:04
Hm ok thanks guys
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 09:05
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

What about one of these

I'll have to look into that
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 09:24
Ive bought all 3 and returned them all, the EOTech and the Aimpoint, the Acog... I like the Acog but what I finally picked for my RRA AR is the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x24. It gives me 1x for a great FOV and 4X for some distance when I want it....I think its the best of both worlds really, its a nice clear scope to...I will buy another Im pretty sure. Honestly I could not see paying that kind of money for a 1 X sight, may as well use Irons then.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 09:45
If you gonna get a 1-4 no sense in not waiting for the SWFA SS 1-4 to come out with the dreaded Donut of Death Reticle!Wink
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 10:29
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Ive bought all 3 and returned them all, the EOTech and the Aimpoint, the Acog... I like the Acog but what I finally picked for my RRA AR is the Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x24. It gives me 1x for a great FOV and 4X for some distance when I want it....I think its the best of both worlds really, its a nice clear scope to...I will buy another Im pretty sure. Honestly I could not see paying that kind of money for a 1 X sight, may as well use Irons then.

Thanks for the heads up
Yak View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 10:40
ACOGs are great if a bit specialized (I have a TA31F). EOTechs are great when they work (I had a 552). The Accupoint is as slick as chicken dung and it would be a good way to go me thinks.
"Both of you peckerwood's can KMFA!!!" ~ Ceska
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 10:48
I have had them all, rotate them out fairly often, and they all have a special place in my sock drawer when I am tired of them.   The aimpoints are nice, batteries last forever it seems and they work.  The ACOGs are very neat.  I like the slight magnification and precise aiming point on them but the reticle is not as "large" as I like on most the models.  The Eotechs also see to work forever but only certain models have the AA batteries which last a long time the other ones eat batteries.  They all seem to resale good but I'd have to give the resale edge to Trijicon's, they seem to get a better rate of return on them vs a used eotech or aimpoint.   

FYI

if you wanna try a good red dot before you invest much money maybe look at the vortex strikefire.  I just got one in my hands this morning to paly with this weekend and so far I think its gonna be a good little reddot. 
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 10:55
I like the low power compact ACOG's best and I  have a 1.5x amber triangle and a 3x red crosshair and I like the 1.5x better. I also have a couple of Comp M4s Aimpoints which I like.  The Aimpoint will be on target no matter what your cheekweld or head position is.  I dont care much for the circle dot reticle of the EOTech but they have a wide field of view so they are good for room to room entry guns. The Accupoint 1-4 in a #4 reticle is quite popular but the Post reticle will work with the Bindon aiming concept and the eye will track where the bright triangle goes which makes target acquisition faster.  With practice any of them can be used both eyes open.  I prefer  the La Rue mounts but the GG&G mounts are very nice also.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 14:17
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I The Accupoint 1-4 in a #4 reticle is quite popular but the Post reticle will work with the Bindon aiming concept and the eye will track where the bright triangle goes which makes target acquisition faster.  With practice any of them can be used both eyes open.  I prefer  the La Rue mounts but the GG&G mounts are very nice also.

I will add that mine has the Bindon (Red Arrow)Aiming Concept that Wes speaks about above, I find it very very fast for getting on target and I do use it with both eyes open when I want to...I also have the LaRue Mount under it so I can take it off quickly when Im putting it in a case for travel....
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2010 at 16:48
I have been testing a TA11G (3.5x green donut)
it's a fantastic scope
I was using it last night at the range and getting 1.5" group at 200 yards with my Wilson 6.8
and hit a 4" target 3 times in a row at 300 yards with an unlit target and could barely even see the target with my naked eye (the 200 yard was lit up)

I am extremely impressed with the glass, clarity and light gathering.
My Kahles Cl 3-10x50 wasn't any easier to engage the 300 yard target frankly

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic