OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.243 scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erich10931 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .243 scope
    Posted: October/25/2010 at 15:12

looking for a decent scope for my daughter's 243.

We will be hunting whitetails in Texas at 75 to 125 yards.

I plan to buy only one scope, not a cheap one now and upgrade later.

Looking to spend 300-600.  Want good eye relief.

Thanks
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 15:15
Zeiss Conquest 3-9 is a great buy at $399.00
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 15:29
Thunbs Up
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 17:43
  That was quick!  Bucky
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 17:45
+1 on the Conquest.
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 17:47
I agree with the Zeiss suggestion. While there are many scopes that compete with the conquest in this price range, I doubt that any surpass it.  Great optics, eye relief and reticle.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 17:53
This one is my vote.  Optics close to the Zeiss, but less than half the price on closeout.  http://swfa.com/Vortex-2-7x32-Viper-Rifle-Scope-P10818.aspx
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
dezmick View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 18:01
Or you could even go with one of these two if you want more magnification! They both have great optics in them and i think they are almost as good as Zeiss if not just as good!

http://swfa.com/Vortex-35-10x50-Viper-Rifle-Scope-P10819.aspx

http://swfa.com/Vortex-4-12x40-Viper-Rifle-Scope-P10820.aspx

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 18:14
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

This one is my vote.  Optics close to the Zeiss, but less than half the price on closeout.  http://swfa.com/Vortex-2-7x32-Viper-Rifle-Scope-P10818.aspx

Whacko Missed the 75 to 125yds shooting distances.  That Viper would be GOOD.  Especially with the C3 reticle,IMHO.
csacpt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csacpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 18:47
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Whacko Missed the 75 to 125yds shooting distances.  That Viper would be GOOD.  Especially with the C3 reticle,IMHO.
+1

At those ranges this little scope would be geat I think!
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees! "Ready and Forward"

M14 - Forged in Freedom - Proven in Battle
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 19:19
I'd of suggested the Viper, but all you keep hearing is how good their customer service is. To me that says that a lot of people have had to use it. I'd rather have a product that I didn't need to deal with customer service about. That's just me though. 
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 20:01
  Is it that they're using c/s or commenting on how good and how simple the warranty reads?

Vortex VIP Warranty:
  Our warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale. The VIP stands for Very Important Promise to you (our customers) that we will do the following:
Repair or replace your Vortex product for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it.
  • Unlimited lifetime Warranty
  • Fully transferable
  • No warranty card to fill out
  • No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

USA Return Procedure - USA

If you live in the United States, please follow the procedure below.

Step 1: Fill out the following Product Repair Form.

Step 2: Ship your product in a cardboard shipping carton to the following address:

Attn: VIP Warranty
Vortex Optics
2120 West Greenview Dr.
Middleton, WI 53562

Step 3: Vortex will evaluate your product and repair or replace it at no charge.

Step 4: Vortex will ship your product back to you in a timely manner. Average turn around time of 10 business days after receipt of product.

Fine Print: Theft or loss of a product is not covered...that's it. Pretty cool huh?

Canada Return Procedure - Canada

If you live in Canada, please ship product to the address below. Visit Vortex Canada for appropriate forms and further shipping procedures.

Vortex Canada
45 Airpark Place, Unit #5
Guelph, ON
N1L 1B2

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2010 at 20:37

And the down side of the awesome Vortex warranty is nobody ever heard of them five years ago.  Zeiss and Leupold have been around a very long time who will be around in five years?  Buy the Zeiss Conquest 3-9 it is a bargain on a great scope.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 07:34
  "who will be around in five years? "

Same thing I use to ask my kids about music groups they'd rave about.  LOL
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 18:15
I don't think Vortex is going anywhere.  They have been in the optics biz since 86.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 18:26
  I'm figuring your right.
jvr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2010 at 09:28
Evidently bushnell's customer service is not doing a good job according to the forum.  I have no experience in this.  (i was told by a customer service supervisor at bushnell that if you include the receipt with the scope ie. original owner; the service was better)  anyway. I replaced my old leupold vari x III with a bushnell 4200 elite firefly 50mm (old ruger 243...my favorite food plot whitetail rifle).  Handy in low light and and a significant upgrade from the leupold.

i have a pair of zeiss conquest binos....they are a little blue in the color but crisp; contrasty and very good.  I do not feel you could go wrong with this selection either.  At your price point; I think the extra exit pupil (50mm); glowing crosshair and good glass will serve you better in those early morning and late evening hunts.

I do not think that this gun will ever wear another scope.
good luck in your scope and whitetail hunting

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic