OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles 1" scopes are they history ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjpjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles 1" scopes are they history ?
    Posted: October/24/2010 at 12:27

This is my first post of more I hope to come .
I've spent all weekend  trying to find the best 0-800 yrd 1" scope !
At 50 yrs old I hope this to be my last scope for my old BAR .
So in the under 1k scope class  the best I could find .
http://www.samplelist.com/Kahles-4-12x50-Helia-KX-Rifle-Scope-DEMO-B-P1096.aspx
Yea I bought it ! But I could only find 2 on the whole of the Internet !!

So my question is this ! Where did they all go ? All of the CX line is almost nonexistent for sale !!
It's not like it's a 10yr old discontinued line  or something ! Did they get bought up or what ??
Anybody know what's up !!
Anyway Here's what I'm putting it on.  If I can find another I might just buy it to put up for a future endeavor.  

This is my Sweetheart Her name is medusa ( A friend named it years ago) She started life as a 7mm Rem Mag B.A.R. There's not much Browning left in her as she has been completely redone . She's been all over the world and had a select few work on her . Some of her exploits are To New York to get Cryo'd, Fort Brag for a "Tune-up" a custom synthetic stock in kentucky and Cloumbia Ga for a dip . She has a 2.75 lb trigger pull (Scared to go lower she might want to go full auto) and in my hands she's dead money from 500 yrds in ( I'm getting old) . She's taken more head/heart shots and any other rifle out there !! (Self proclaimed)
Invested : Scared to add it up ! But north of 4k
Value : Priceless (No amount of money could buy her)I could not build another one becouse most who worked on her are eather dead or retired.

Have a look !!

A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in
And how many want out
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you
Jesus Christ
The American G.I
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2010 at 13:14
The Kahles international site still shows 1" models. http://www.kahles.at/index.php?sprache=1&menu=13
I don't know if the site is out of date since it says "designed for American sportsman".
If they are still being manufactured, Gamo is not presently importing them.

Doug
wjpjr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjpjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2010 at 13:33
Yea, I saw that . All the big internet sales Co's  Have them marked as discontinued with zero in stock .
To add to that there are none in clearance sales . They are just gone from the market place ! ??
There are just very few at the Mom and Pop shops .

I only found 2 Kahles 4-12x50 Helia KX Mil-dots for sale and bought one of them .
They are just gone .........
And how many want out
Jesus Christ
The American G.I
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2010 at 14:10
I forgot to mention your BAR since I was interested in your question. That is a very impressive BAR. I have never seen one like it. The KX will compliment it perfectly. I assume you will have it dipped, too?
Also, welcome to O.T.
Doug
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2010 at 14:16
Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
wjpjr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjpjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2010 at 14:53
Hey Thanks for the welcome Doug and Mike !
I'm going to mount it and use it for deer season this year before I send it to get dipped .
Here in SC we have a Very long rifle season Oct 15th to Jan 1st . My rings were lapped years ago so it will drop right in.
Yea, I've never seen another bar like it eather !  Being able to take 2 deer a day and being the meat hunter I am the bar was my rifle of choice many years ago.  The only problem was they were just not as accurate as I wanted it to be . So I gritted my teeth, made a few calls and around the states she went. I had a custom load worked up and ended up with a 1 hole gun @ 100yrds .
Here's a few more pic's
And how many want out
Jesus Christ
The American G.I
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic