OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Laser Rangefinders
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450 Laser Rangefinder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450 Laser Rangefinder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibetanmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport 450 Laser Rangefinder
    Posted: October/23/2010 at 21:36
I live in South Texas and thus rarely see shots passed 400-500 yards. Therefore, needing a range finder i went for the cheapest i could find, but with a name that is historically solid in Bushnell. This particular range finder is supposed to range game up to 200-300 yards and objects such as trees up to 450 yards. Anyway, these specs seemed good for what i am going to be using this RF for.

However, I am have issues with getting readings from it! i pointed it 150 yards or so at a car in my neighborhood today and it couldnt give me a reading. From the reviews, people seem to love these little range finders but i am so far not impressed.

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. Even though this RF was cheap, so far it is a 130 dollar paper weight.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
''I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go.'' - Barack Obama
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 16:55
That model was my first rangefinder and I found 350 yards ranged pretty easy. It seems like you got a lemon. You might try your vendor. If they won't help you then you will have to try your chances with Bushnell's CS. Sorry.
-Matt
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2010 at 09:55
I agree with BR--I have the same and it works pretty well.
BUDFIELDS View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUDFIELDS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2012 at 13:16
I am in a "HEATED DISAGREEMENT" right now with BUSHNELL'S Customer Service. I received that very same model rangefinder you are talking about as a gift. I had one just like it stolen from my display table during one of my seminars. The one that got stolen worked PERFECT. The new one is a piece of JUNK!!!

After numerous phone calls, I was informed I should return the product to them for evaluation. I done so... I got the product back with paperwork stating it "Functioned as designed" and I got a shipping bill for $10. I took the product out of the box and it STILL acts identical to when I sent it back..

I point it at an object, press the button and SOMETIMES NOTHING. Finally I get the center reticle with the word "LASER" in the top left hand corner.. after that NOTHING!!!  I press the button numerous times and once in a while, I get "TARGET ACQUIRED" and maybe 23. I like to take 3 readings and average the yardages. Maybe next time at the same object, it will read 44, then, IF and WHEN I can get it to "Acquire Target," it might read 29.. NEVER GET THE SAME READING and MOST of the time... NOTHING BUT THE CENTER RETICLE.

I had 5 other friends that own rangefinders try this product and NONE of them get it to work. Needless to say... I AM  VERY DISAPPOINTED. I try to call them and I get the answering machine telling me the "circuits are busy, etc. etc" I send them at least 5 emails and hear NOTHING from them.

I have since let other peoiple try to get it tpo work and when they say, ":Something is NIOT right with this," I show them the paper work stating it "Functions as designed" so apparently, they design them to NOT WORK PROPERLY... I WILL never OWN ANOTHER Bushnell product!!!
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2012 at 08:21
I just got the 850 and it seems to work OK for me. I was wondering if anyone here has used both and if there is much difference in the 450 vs 850 in actual performance.
BUDFIELDS View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUDFIELDS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2012 at 09:20
Well Sir... I owned TWO of the BUSHNELL 450's. One was camo coated and I REALLY liked it. It was SMALL, FAST AND ACCURATE. Someone stole that one and I received another 450 and it NEVER worked right... I had ALOT of issues with it. I am receiving the BUSHNELL 850 as a replacement and I HOPE it works out fine.. This will be my FIRST experience with the 850 model..
smesk403 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smesk403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2012 at 14:52
i had one and couldn't stand it. I could never get it to read consistently. I sold it and have never looked back
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic